A Coyote Chases Our Cat

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Most nights our cat sleeps in the house. Last night she stayed outside was almost caught by a coyote. The coyote didn't catch her, as she showed up this morning looking quite healthy.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Glad the cat made it home. What camera is that? Huisun PTZ?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like a pair of Coyotes with one out in the street. I live in Cypress, California and the cats are getting killed at a pretty good rate by Coyotes. I see lost cat signs going up all the time. Sometimes the remains are found.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad the cat made it home. What camera is that? Huisun PTZ?
You are correct. Camera is a Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ Version 1. Next month will mark it's one year mark in service. This camera is completely exposed to the elements and faces the direction of the sun most of the day. It has held up quite well. The second camera in this video installed on the side of the house is also a brand new Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ Version 1 installed just a couple of weeks ago.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like a pair of Coyotes with one out in the street. I live in Cypress, California and the cats are getting killed at a pretty good rate by Coyotes. I see lost cat signs going up all the time. Sometimes the remains are found.
You are right, both of the coyotes were walking on that dirt road below our house when one of them spotted our cat. I see these two coyotes on a regular basis, mostly late at night or very early in the morning. We get a lot of deer on the hillside, so I think they are mostly hunting them, but they do like trying to catch cats too.