A browser that WORKS for camera interface

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For years, this has been an issue. Used IE forever but for some reason, 2 of my cams completely done nothing after entering credentials. Tried the NACL plug in on Chrome.. doesn't work and Palemoons download page just errors out for the Americas installation. Been using Edge for months and it has worked great then all of a sudden won't display the overview for IVS setup. What other way can I set up IVS? Fed up with this. Can't believe Dahua as big as a company can't make something for setup easier for IP cams not using a dedicatied NVR.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
...the NACL plug in on Chrome.. doesn't work and Palemoon's download page just errors out for the Americas installation... Can't believe Dahua as big as a company can't make something for setup easier for IP cams
@FlipNJ,
Yeah, it sucks. Dahua doesn't treat the homeowner/hobbyist well at all. In fact, our headaches drive people towards Dahua's primary market, ie: resellers and installers. Making it easier for us is counter to their market approach.

I just got a new laptop, and am dealing with this all over again.
Works: Pale Moon 32 bit version. Not 64 bit, regardless of your pc specs.
Sorta works: Chrome with the IE extension. This mostly works, except for playback. But maybe BI addresses playback (I don't use BI myself)
Might work: If the above failed, I was gonna try Firefox next.... That used to work....

Good luck, Fastb

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have configured a half dozen different Dahua using Chrome on WIN 10 OS with zero issues, knock on wood, guess I am lucky.

I have only run into a few issues when using IE.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@FlipNJ,
Yeah, it sucks. Dahua doesn't treat the homeowner/hobbyist well at all. In fact, our headaches drive people towards Dahua's primary market, ie: resellers and installers. Making it easier for us is counter to their market approach.

I just got a new laptop, and am dealing with this all over again.
Works: Pale Moon 32 bit version. Not 64 bit, regardless of your pc specs.
Sorta works: Chrome with the IE extension. This mostly works, except for playback. But maybe BI addresses playback (I don't use BI myself)
Might work: If the above failed, I was gonna try Firefox next.... That used to work....

Good luck, Fastb
Thank you for your input. Palemoon 32 bit worked. Glad it did. Couldn't setup the IVS rules and turn on motion detection after installing sd cards without a working browser. For the record, Opera, Firefox, IE, Chrome and Edge all failed to allow normal Dahua camera interface. WTFF!! ANNOYING

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have configured a half dozen different Dahua using Chrome on WIN 10 OS with zero issues, knock on wood, guess I am lucky.

I have only run into a few issues when using IE.
So have I and on this same PC. Something changed and it beats the F out of me what changed. All updates are off so no clue. If you ever end up with issues, the Palemoon 32 worked.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
... If you ever end up with issues, the Palemoon 32 worked.
For now it works. It feels like 'borrowed time' though. Until when there's no browser (with or without extensions) that is Dahua compatible.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
IE has been retired now as well making change well overdue.

They should support Firefox and Chrome as they are pretty much the 2 most popular browsers these days.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have to use MSIE for a couple older HiKVIsions, and I am using Firefox for my Dahua oem cameras, and its working pretty well. Chrome doesn't get along at all well with the cameras.

those older HikVisions, the only video playback that works anymore is ActiveX based, which is inherently a Windows MSIE only technology. They used Flash for everything non-IE, but thats not longer an option.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many newer Amcrests, IIRC since Sept. 2019, which are re-branded Dahuas won't show live view with IE but you can change settings; they require Chrome or Edge (likely any Chromium-based browser) for live view and configuration and will announce it with a popup when you attempt to launch the webGUI with IE.

Last edited:

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
my newer Dahuas work fine, my 5231s (4) that are roughly 5 years old are the ones that are bastards. Maybe a FW update will resolve the issue. I shut off the automatic update checking cause this has caused so many problems.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
So I tried to set up IVS today in my 5 yeat old Dahua PTZ, and of course the video feed never worked within the browser. So I tried to download the required plugin (NACL). Nothing happened in FF. So I tried Edge, and nothing, but then I realized it was a Chrome extension. So I downloaded and installed Chrome, and got the NACL plugin installed, but it doesn't do anything except popping up a window which doesn't help.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Firmware update on older camera will not fix this issue unfortunately (yet) - Dahua has a web firmware update in the works but not out yet.

Older cams and Dahua PTZ seems to be sensitive to needing Internet Explorer, so try that.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
and MSIE is apparently going away for good in a near future Windows 10 update. Apparently there's an IE Tab extension for Chrome but I don't know if that relies on the underlying MSIE APIs which may or may not be going away when IE itself is dumped.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
and MSIE is apparently going away for good in a near future Windows 10 update. Apparently there's an IE Tab extension for Chrome but I don't know if that relies on the underlying MSIE APIs which may or may not be going away when IE itself is dumped.
Would you recommend the 32 bit or 64 bit IE11, running on a 64bit Win10?

Reaction score
I run Internet Explorer (version...11 perhaps?) on all my Dahua cameras: 4231's, 5442's, 5231's, PTZ, boobie camea, VTO/VTH intercoms. Only issue I have found with IE are on the 5231's. Any live video always looks like this either from live stream page or IVS page or etc: (pain in butt, I then swap to Chrome)
temp3.jpg

shred86

n3wb
Reaction score
For Mac OS X users, I just setup a Loryea 5442 using Safari with no issues. The web interface works in Safari on iOS and iPadOS as well.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
MSIE has the same issue which Holbs documented. The plugin shows the live feed but floats over the web controls, making it impossible to set up IVS.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think you can thank MS for the problems with the browsers and Dahua cameras. I use Chrome on Linux Mint, my daily driver desktop computer, to setup/config my Dahuas, 5442, 2431 and SD1Axxxx. They all seem to work fine, no issues. I don't know what changed, but starting a couple of months ago, my Windows 10 machine with IE no longer could reliably config the cameras. To configure them on Win10, I have to use PaleMoon 32.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That is precisely why I stopped updates to Win10. They make too many "hidden" changes let alone driver updates and additional hooks to their servers.