A browser that WORKS for camera interface

Reaction score
I think you can thank MS for the problems with the browsers and Dahua cameras. I use Chrome on Linux Mint, my daily driver desktop computer, to setup/config my Dahuas, 5442, 2431 and SD1Axxxx. They all seem to work fine, no issues. I don't know what changed, but starting a couple of months ago, my Windows 10 machine with IE no longer could reliably config the cameras. To configure them on Win10, I have to use PaleMoon 32.
Hmm...I am horrible at all-things-Linux. I do have a NUC (i7-4770) that I snagged at a local auction just for various Linux duties which I have not hit up yet on my 574 TO-DO-LIST items. I think I just have regular 'ol Ubuntu on it. One day, will have to try chrome on that box to see if it fares better than windows.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmm...I am horrible at all-things-Linux. I do have a NUC (i7-4770) that I snagged at a local auction just for various Linux duties which I have not hit up yet on my 574 TO-DO-LIST items. I think I just have regular 'ol Ubuntu on it. One day, will have to try chrome on that box to see if it fares better than windows.
Yeah, I am NOT a Linux expert. I installed because my BI machine was dying a slow death and I couldn't keep it from shutting down after 2-12 hours. So I bought a "new" i7-6700 from eBay as recommended on here. The older machine, i7-3770, still ran, so I decided what the heck, I'll try Linux on it. I now run Linux Mint as my daily driver, and RDP into the Win10 BI machine sitting next to it. Works fine. I recommend Linux Mint, simple install, dual boots Windows 10/Linux, no issues. If you want more info, feel free to PM me. Oh, the old BI machine has not crashed once with Linux on it....

Reaction score
Yeah, I am NOT a Linux expert. I installed because my BI machine was dying a slow death and I couldn't keep it from shutting down after 2-12 hours. So I bought a "new" i7-6700 from eBay as recommended on here. The older machine, i7-3770, still ran, so I decided what the heck, I'll try Linux on it. I now run Linux Mint as my daily driver, and RDP into the Win10 BI machine sitting next to it. Works fine. I recommend Linux Mint, simple install, dual boots Windows 10/Linux, no issues. If you want more info, feel free to PM me. Oh, the old BI machine has not crashed once with Linux on it....
If you RDP into the Windows10 machine...you are now using Windows 10 desktop and related windows browsers, correct? OH....duh....you go straight from your Linux Mint into the camera GUI's :)

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you RDP into the Windows10 machine...you are now using Windows 10 desktop and related windows browsers, correct? OH....duh....you go straight from your Linux Mint into the camera GUI's :)
Yep, from Linux. RDP only for running BI. Let's me use dual monitors.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you can thank MS for the problems with the browsers and Dahua cameras. I use Chrome on Linux Mint, my daily driver desktop computer, to setup/config my Dahuas, 5442, 2431 and SD1Axxxx. They all seem to work fine, no issues. I don't know what changed, but starting a couple of months ago, my Windows 10 machine with IE no longer could reliably config the cameras. To configure them on Win10, I have to use PaleMoon 32.
Thanks, TVille, the PaleMoon 32bit on Win10 works well with my older PTZ. Now I just have to figure out IVS.

Update: Alas, my older PTZ's IVS does not support tracking.

Last edited: