7608NXI-I2/8P/S Vs 7608NI-M2/8P

abefroman

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm putting together the configuration for my setup and need some advice on which NVR to go with my new Hybrid Colorvu 8mp Turrets.

I am getting 4 of the DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU hybrid Colorvu turrets and was recommended the 7608NI-M2/8P for those cameras but I really like the Acusense AI features that are on the I series NVR (7608NXI-I2/8P/S).

The M2 doesn't have the facial recognition, face picture library, anpr and motion detection 2.0 that the I2 has. I was told that the M2 is a more powerful NVR (better bandwidth and decoding capability).

I know that the new Hybrid Colorvu cameras I named combine the Acusense technology with Colorvu built in to the cameras however I don't see anything stated on the camera's spec sheet about facial recognition and anpr that the nvr has listed on the spec sheet.

Do you think the Acusense NVR could handle 4x 8mp Hybrid Colorvu Turrets without any issues?.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am getting 4 of the DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU hybrid Colorvu turrets and was recommended the 7608NI-M2/8P for those cameras but I really like the Acusense AI features that are on the I series NVR (7608NXI-I2/8P/S).

The M2 doesn't have the facial recognition, face picture library, anpr and motion detection 2.0 that the I2 has. I was told that the M2 is a more powerful NVR (better bandwidth and decoding capability).
From NXI specification:
Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 18.57.27.png

As You see, NVR can only do local (by NVR) facial recognition/perimeter protection/motion detection. Other functions must be done on cam (NVR can receive & store information). This 3 functions done on NXI can be also be done on AcuSense cams (and newer ColorVu)..

M-line is higher line, and it supports all AI modes done by camera... Simply You don't have capability to do local AI, when You have dumb cam.

Doing AI processing on cam is always better than doing it on NVR. Especially when You want to use 8mpx cams (lots of processing)..