5442T-ZE stopped working

Contadino

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This camera has been working for about 6 months. I had the system shut down for a couple weeks while I was busy with other things. When I started it back up the 5442T-ZE didn't connect with Blue Iris. The other camera on my system is working fine (T2231T-zS).
I didn't touch any wiring or make any changes to anything.
I brought the cameras inside and connected it to my hub with a different cable and got the same result:
When I try to connect directly by putting the IP address in the browser address bar I get a message saying it can't be found.
I used the Dahua IP Config tool and it was able to find the camera's IP address, which was the same as I was using.

So what should I do at this point? Any suggestions?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sitting idle and some wonky things could have happened. I have had something similar with a camera I had lying around and finally got around to setting it up after I had initially bench tested and put on my IP subnet and then couldn't access it some months later.

I would do a factory reset on it.

Unplug power from camera
Press and hold in factory reset button
Provide power while still holding in reset button
Hold reset button in until you hear the IR filter click 3 times (roughly 45 seconds or so)
Release the button and then set it up again from scratch

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
If the configtool still can find the camera, the camera still working. Hard reset may fix up the issue. Try wittaj’s idea and do some testing. Contact us for warranty if the cam can’t work

Contadino

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried resetting it. Tried several times but never heard 3 clicks.
Now the config tool can't find it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is strange.

Now with power on then press and hold the reset in for at least 30 seconds. Hopefully you hear it click this time.

With it powered and then you turn it upside down on the floor or table so the lens gets no light, do you hear it click or can you pick it up quick and see if the infrared red glow is there (or take it in a dark room)

Contadino

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is strange.

Now with power on then press and hold the reset in for at least 30 seconds. Hopefully you hear it click this time.

With it powered and then you turn it upside down on the floor or table so the lens gets no light, do you hear it click or can you pick it up quick and see if the infrared red glow is there (or take it in a dark room)

Contadino

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
30 second reset didn't do anything.
Yes the red leds glow when I have it gave down, when I pick it up it clicks and they turn off.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK so it has power and is working.

Try this method:

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1693519003560.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and see if you can see the camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good deal. Yeah now go ahead and change the IP to static and make it what the IP address was and as soon as you hit save, you will lose the camera until you put your computer back onto the previous IP subnet.