5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anybody confirm the lens mounting used for the cantonk S500? Not sure if it's CS, M12, or M14. Seems like they're all using 3.6mm board lenses. This cam would mop the floor with an 8MM CS F1.4 with offboard IR.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I took the ONVIF profile, check the attached image. It's just that simple to set it up.
And yes, you can get the full functionality from the SSS
I'm curious if you have configured motion detection events and recording actions under the Synology Surveillance Station ONVIF implementation.

mauzer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am following this topic from the beginning and two weeks ago finally ordered my first S500.
My first contribution to this topic isn't a positive one...

Just got this mail from Longse:

My dear customer: Very urgent information about SONY SENSOR, you need know, pls pay highly attention to:

Japan had an earthquake on April 14, this thing directly causes SONY factories in Japan stop working, and from April 14 to today, they have not produced SONY SENSOR any more.
This news cause much trouble about our cameras, because most of our products use SONY SENSOR.
In the following 4 months, SONY SENSOR will be very lack of, and LONGSE can not sell below resolutions because of without SONY SENSOR, pls note:

1) For IPC:
SL200 : (IMX291 + Hi3516D (H.264/H.265)
S400 : OV4689 + Hi3516D (H.264/H.265)
S500 : IMX178 + Hi3516A (H.264/H.265)

Pls choose other resolution cameras to buy.

2) For HD analog camera:
All sony sensor resolutions (AHD CVI TVI) camera.

Pls choose to other sensor resolution cameras to buy.

Thanks for your kind attention.
Above message is very important to your purchasing plans, pls pay attention to, thank you so much.
If you received this email, pls reply to us, let us know you got the important information.
Mine too.
I have ordered a week ago from Amanda@Longse, and still it is not shipped.
Today got a reply:

"Sorry for delay,the orders are done,but we are still upgrading the latest software for you,which will take some time."

It seems strange...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is that using the Synology SS built-in NAS-based motion analytics, or using the notifications sent by the camera? (Unfamiliar with the detailed config of SSS).

Danfozzy85

n3wb
Reaction score
With the area to trigger setup as you've posted in that screen shot, have you had time to test it to see if it does? Sorry we keep hounding you its just the onvif profile and how different companies seem to implement it differently, causing thing not to work as they should

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
With the area to trigger setup as you've posted in that screen shot, have you had time to test it to see if it does? Sorry we keep hounding you its just the onvif profile and how different companies seem to implement it is different causing thing not to work as they should
I havn't had time to test it, sorry. Maybe this weekend :)

Reaction score
Just tested the motion detection at the Synology Surveillance System: it works great!
I selected that the SSS detects the motion (not the camera) and when it detects motion it will send a push message.
So I get a message at my Apple Watch when the SSS detects motion :D
IMG_4666.PNG

Bazooka302

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ordered two of the Cantonk version 3.6mm turrets on 4/25. Last email said they will be shipping 5/10.

Joe

mauzer

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you check with her why there is a delay?
Because NVR H.265 firmware is not ready. Two days earlier Amanda advised to change NVR to an older with H.264 only. I agreed, but still nothing.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, they have H.265 nvr now? I was asking her when those will be available.