5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whoa, where are those test images from? They are funny but also a sign that someone is really serious about their camera testing.
At first I thought it was his garage lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those pics look like manufacturers test pics to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
DNS is case-IN-sensitive. doesn't matter. at least, it shouldn't...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
considering a pair of LBG60S500 to upgrade my single Dahua HFW4300S looking into the back yard.. Ive got a very big back yard, and right now only have a usable image of the back patio at night unless I turn my PTZ around.. these would record 24/7 with no motion detection or smart features needed.. on opposing ends of the house looking in with a big overlap in the middle.. but no blind spots.

how has the stability on these been? These would be installed on the south face and have the most exposure to mother nature.. Now that I have a dahua nvr I can overlook the fact it needs windows to configure.. since I can still playback/view from OSX.. but thats the only thing I am willing to overlook.. the h265 support should make the new storage requirements for 2x5MP cameras not much worse than the single 3MP h264.

anyone calculated the real FOV on these yet? its not in the datasheet.

does it have a sensitivity adjustment for the light sensor? I have a security light on the back patio that goes from dim/bright and it'll change my dahua from night to day if I leave it to auto.. I change my dahuas from night/day via API call and dont use auto so I can have different profiles for day/night, maby with some luck I can make the same api call to the NVR and it'll Onvif the change.. doubt it, but maybe.. I suppose color night time image is pretty decent with such a big sensor, so switching to color mode for a little bit when motion lights go off would not be the end of the world.. but the IR cut would have to come back on or I think it'd just be way over exposed.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
You can see FOV comparing to 2.8mm 3MP hikvision in first post. I have only one and it's been stable, no freezes or unexpected reboots for months, but as usual YMMV. Also, keep in mind the firmware is very basic from what you are used to seeing in Dahua. I also have motion light and it adjusts sensitivity a bit when it's on, but if you stand very close to it, you will get washed out face. You don't need to run it using h265, you can select h264 which is what I am doing with my nvr

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah I am kinda worried bout the washed out face, think this bullet has more IR than the turret you had.. says 40m vs 20m

my backdoor cam is only 6ft away from the door.. attached is image from 4300S with a 72 degree FOV.. the other one would be looking the other way, with the jungle gym and other fence in the distance.. but since it can see in the distance at night I just need awareness of distant critters and prowlers with enough detail to see its there and what kinda creature it is.. my PTZ can zoom all the way in for a better look with the help of a few outdoor pir motion sensors.

with the more powerfull IR and better night I think this will be pointed up more with the center of the image not being a chair, but more the garden in the distance.. so that should help the IR washout up close perhaps... the other camera its no problem at all, no walking path near the camera.

Attachments

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Uh oh...
Everything is connected but the nvr indicates "NO LINK".

Longse S500 camera is in port 1
ip address per NVR is 192.168.254.2 (also tried manually adding 192.168.1.168
channel 1
management port 80
protocol ONVIF
Status says network is unreachable
PoE information Real Power 3.7 - 3.9W

I'm feeling like I'm out of my league. Is there a noob guide anywhere?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have my 7608 configured differently, but I think by default the cam has static IP and you need to change it to dhcp before you plug it to nvr

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How can I connect it to LAN without PoE or power supply? Is it possible?

Disregard, using an old modem power supply.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Suggestion:
Assuming a Hikvision PoE NVR - plug the PC into a spare PoE port, run the Hikvision SADP tool, find the camera and set it's IP address to the same as the PoE channel it's connected to, ie 192.168.254.2

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On NVR, should the cameras be set to ONVIF?

EDIT: Apologies for derailing thread towards my installation woes. I will create a separate thread to seek help for my noob questions :)

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
almost looks like a cassette/recording icon...
the 5 mP sure has more detail.
now show us something interesting! :)

lotusandy

n3wb
Reaction score
how has the stability on these been?

Not great on the 2 that I ordered, both have since new rebooted every 2-3 hours, after re-booting sometimes they show the OSD clock, sometimes though they don't until the next re-boot. Image quality is very good on one, but on the other the image is considerably more noisy, I would stick with a more trusted brand..

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like they have hardware issue with bullets, I think atom had the same issue with his bullet. Turret is rock solid in this regard