5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Screenshot 2022-09-10 212652.pngScreenshot 2022-09-10 214014.png
Screenshot 2022-09-10 213902.png

Sorry Mike, when I try to add the txt log file it puts a line through it - may not work (IT skills lacking). Tried stopping the software but no different. Don't know if the pictures will do? The default objects detected were I guess because I tried using "To Confirm" (suggested by others).

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK thanks Mike. It’s taking a long time, my download speed this evening is less than 4Mbit/s this evening and “torch” is 2.4Gbyte. I’ll let you know of my success tomorrow. Thank you loads for your help, especially appreciating that I’m not an IT whiz kid. PS I noticed my typo 500 instead of 5000.
Cheers Dave

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK thanks Mike. It’s taking a long time, my download speed this evening is less than 4Mbit/s this evening and “torch” is 2.4Gbyte. I’ll let you know of my success tomorrow. Thank you loads for your help, especially appreciating that I’m not an IT whiz kid. PS I noticed my typo 500 instead of 5000.
Cheers Dave
Mike, the CodeProjet repair was completed successfully but unfortunately, with the same result as yesterday. Isn't it very strange that I get "nothing found" and yet confirmed alerts with green ticks? I disabled all my cameras and created one new camera. Same result. Previously when CodeProject was working OK, I was only using the default detection. Have tried that again. I changed custom from 1 to 0 in the registry - the CodeProject default count is accumulating but "red" "nothing found" in Blue Iris alerts. Oddly, although the alerts appear in the cancelled list this time, they do not appear in the (all) alerts list.
Is there something else I need to change in the registry to use the default?

Screenshot 2022-09-11 130122.pngScreenshot 2022-09-11 130307.pngScreenshot 2022-09-11 132033.pngScreenshot 2022-09-11 142326.pngScreenshot 2022-09-11 142855.pngScreenshot 2022-09-11 144221.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mike, the CodeProjet repair was completed successfully but unfortunately, with the same result as yesterday. Isn't it very strange that I get "nothing found" and yet confirmed alerts with green ticks? I disabled all my cameras and created one new camera. Same result. Previously when CodeProject was working OK, I was only using the default detection. Have tried that again. I changed custom from 1 to 0 in the registry - the CodeProject default count is accumulating but "red" "nothing found" in Blue Iris alerts. Oddly, although the alerts appear in the cancelled list this time, they do not appear in the (all) alerts list.

View attachment 139556View attachment 139557View attachment 139558View attachment 139559View attachment 139560View attachment 139561
What GPU do you have, open a command prompt and execute nividia-smi like shown below and post a screenshot of the results.

1662909214437.png

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having same problem here, exactly like @Dave Lonsdale above, was all running solid up to the point where i decided to update CodeProject, then same problems, all running but the nothing found, even on default and all models, i can see AI running on local5000, a bit lost like Dave, and have been following this.

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having same problem here, exactly like @Dave Lonsdale above, was all running solid up to the point where i decided to update CodeProject, then same problems, all running but the nothing found, even on default and all models, i can see AI running on local5000, a bit lost like Dave, and have been following this.
EDIT, reverted back to 1.5.0 and working now although the green start boxes are not showing in the local 5000 page, just says initialising, but it is showing online and is analysing, and nothing much shows in the AI explorer window. At least its working again now, must be an update problem.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mike, I have a Nvidia T600. In a way, it's encouraging for me to know I'm not the only guy with this problem. Command prompt screenshot:-

View attachment 139565
The issues you are having might be not enough GPU memory. You can try disabling modules, the below post has new "modulesettings.json" files that will disable all the modules except Custom Model module.
Also the CodeProject.AI team has been working on reducing the GPU memory usage. There should be a new release out this week

Last edited:

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A quick update.
I have a Quadro T600 GPU
In the last few hours for reasons I cannot fully explain Code Project AI is delivering some sort of positive results, no longer does the Status log show white crosses in a red circle, now there are green ticks.
My W10 reg has for several weeks had the mod as described in this thread, C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\CustomDetection\assets
Mike, I notice you have made two posts that suggest different things. One as in the line above, another that ends just in \CustomDetection, not ending in \assets.

What did I change?
I did a W10 App repair of Code Project AI 1.5.6.2.
I added banana in the "To cancel" box.
Custom model now chosen was ipcam-combined. I noticed a typo, that some of my cameras had previously " ipcam-genera", missing an "l" at the end.
I dropped min confidence to 40, and 45 with some of my cameras.
Real time images 5
analyze one each 1 sec

Doing a walk test, instead of white no entry signs aka Ghost Busters signs as I'd been getting, on my Alert clips, there are now green circles enclosing a tick and also a purple flag.

However, that's mostly all the good news. From a browser Code Project AI can identify "Detect Scene", such as downtown or home office, but that's it. This is similar to the situation that others have reported. I've still got "nothing found" when obviously during a walk test it should have found me.

Another question.
I know that Code Project AI 1.5.6.2 introduced GPU support whereas 1.5.6.0 was just CPU, How could you run 1.5.6.2 just with CPU? Where is the on-off switch for GPU / CPU with 1.5.6.2?

It's early days but at least I'm seeing some progress. Was it the repair of 1.5.6.2 that improved things, or was it all down to the banana?

Last edited:

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The issues you are having might be not enough GPU memory. You can try disabling modules, the below post has new "modulesettings.json" files that will disable all the modules except Custom Model module.
Also the CodeProject.AI team has been working on reducing the GPU memory usage. There should be a new release out this week

Hello Mike, I've turned off everything except custom detection:-
Screenshot 2022-09-12 191911.png

Unfortunately, I get the same result - green ticks with nothing found. I tried this with the console screen on (remote desktop) and also closed down. I did more pictures for completeness, even though they probably have no value. It seems from my untrained observation that unfortunately, the number of modules that are active and whether or not the console is running makes no difference to the memory showing as being used in nvidia-smi:-
Screenshot 2022-09-12 192726.pngScreenshot 2022-09-12 192844.png

The GPU seems quite busy and hardly any of the main CPU memory is being used by Blue Iris (bottom of the task manager snapshot from the console screen).
Screenshot 2022-09-12 193454.png

toastie, "asset" is not showing becaus the window setting was not wide enough.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Mike, I've turned off everything except custom detection:-
View attachment 139630

Unfortunately, I get the same result - green ticks with nothing found. I tried this with the console screen on (remote desktop) and also closed down. I did more pictures for completeness, even though they probably have no value. It seems from my untrained observation that unfortunately, the number of modules that are active and whether or not the console is running makes no difference to the memory showing as being used in nvidia-smi:-
View attachment 139631View attachment 139632

The GPU seems quite busy and hardly any of the main CPU memory is being used by Blue Iris (bottom of the task manager snapshot from the console screen).
View attachment 139633

toastie, "asset" is not showing becaus the window setting was not wide enough.
Are you using Hardware accelerated decode? This might be eating up your GPU memory.

1663010201848.png
1663010293928.png

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I meant to ask, when using a GPU, am I able to not use it only on some of the cameras? Would that help? Is it best to simply wait for a CodeProject update and full Blue Iris integration?