5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just saw that too. Had the dog walk into the camera frame afterwards. Still only detects person.
@Pharoahs2 See screenshot below. Turn on this option for your camera and then play back a clip with your dog in it. You should see some AI detection in real-time.

Then, hold down Ctrl key when clicking on a clip for 2nd time.

turn on AI.png

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Pharoahs2 I just realized you are using the wrong model if you want dog detection.

Try ipcam-combined (NOT ipcam-general)

ipcam-general has only 2 labels: person and vehicle

Pharoahs2

n3wb
Reaction score
@Pharoahs2 I just realized you are using the wrong model if you want dog detection.

Try ipcam-combined (NOT ipcam-general)

ipcam-general has only 2 labels: person and vehicle
You're a goddamn wizard. That did it. Dog has been seen. Thank you so much!

Any comment on my other settings? I mucked with them quite a bit.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Pharoahs2 Glad to help. This is my way of paying it forward.

I think your other settings are fine.

Since you mentioned your PC is on an older CPU, you may want to monitor how well it handles AI detection over time, given the # of triggered events for a given time period. You can always try to leverage a supported GPU at some later point, to offload AI detection from CPU.

Last edited:

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I generally leave the "Detect/ignore static objects" box checked with no ill effects.

Also, you can shut down all CPAI modules except YOLO for your situation, might save some resources.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure if this will bring anything useful to most BI users, but CPAI just updated to 1.6.8 today.

Release notes:
Patch 1.6.8: image handling improvements on Linux, multi-thread ONNX on .NET

hayzee

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having trouble using CUDA on everything except portrait filter. I've been through this whole thread and tried various things that I saw with no luck. CUDA 11.7, CUDnn installed, fresh driver installs, multiple fresh installs of CP.AI
The moddulesettings.json file for YOLO looks like CUDA should be enabled but it shows as "false" in the dashboard. I'm not very experienced in this area... any ideas anyone?

Attachments

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm having trouble using CUDA on everything except portrait filter. I've been through this whole thread and tried various things that I saw with no luck. CUDA 11.7, CUDnn installed, fresh driver installs, multiple fresh installs of CP.AI
The moddulesettings.json file for YOLO looks like CUDA should be enabled but it shows as "false" in the dashboard. I'm not very experienced in this area... any ideas anyone?
@hayzee Kinda hard to help if you don't share the graphics card you are using. Did you confirm that your graphics card is on supported list?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Click on the 3 dots and then click on Enable GPU

1666992872115.png

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry About that.. RTX 3090
@hayzee Lucky you. That is a high-end card. And it's supported. Odd that it doesn't work, especially since @MikeLud1 has same card.

In addition to @MikeLud1 advice above, run the following command at CMD prompt>

nvidia-smi

... and share here

See post link below for example of what nvidia-smi output looks like...

Last edited:

hayzee

n3wb
Reaction score
@hayzee Lucky you. That is a high-end card. And it's supported. Odd that it doesn't work, especially since @MikeLud1 has same card.

In addition to @MikeLud1 advice above, run the following command at CMD prompt>

nvidia-smi

... and share here

See post link below for example of what nvidia-smi output looks like...
I am able to cycle the portrait filter between CPU and GPU with no issues. Very strange

Attachments

hayzee

n3wb
Reaction score
After the fresh reboot, I clicked enable GPU. It stopped the service and reconnected to CPU. Log from when I clicked enable GPU attached
Didn't realize the .txt wouldn't display without you downloading it... updated with a screenshot