5.4.5 what works and what doesn't?

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm thinking of updating to 5.4.5 . My understanding is this delivered TLS encryption for email to enable Gmail again. Hikvision functionality is good but often the odd thing isn't quite working.

Please can you clarify from the below what works and what doesnt from your experience so we all can get a view of how good the release is - also state your models on 5.4.5?

What are the bugs with 5.4.5?
Does line detection work?
Do the email notifcations for line detection work?
Do the push notifications work for line detection to VMS as a surveillance center?
How many line detections can you set up? (dont know why they reduced as works for me on 5.2.5)

Does intruder detection work?
Do the email notifcations for intruder detection work?
Do the push notifications work for intruder detection to VMS as a surveillance center?
Are there still 4 zones that can be set up?

Email
Obviously email STARTLS works with Gmail?

Do the normal image refinements work, brightness, contrast, saturation?
Exposure work okay?
Day/Night switch work okay?
Backlight settings work?
Image enhancement work?

Is there a feature where line/ detection/ motion could be sent to different email addresses?

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys any one with 5.4.5 that can comment if any bugs?

What actually works?

mjb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
At the risk of actually providing the information you requested...

I'm operating about 35 cameras with 5.4.5. So far everything appears nominal. I've noticed no bugs. I don't knowingly use line detection, so I can't comment on that.

Budgey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I definitely haven't noticed any loss of functionality after upgrading, but I don't use the built in motion detection features (I use separate PIR sensors), so I can't comment on those aspects either. Surely, from a security standpoint the latest FW should be better though?

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does any one have LINE AND/OR INTRUSION push notifications to "surveillance center" working e.g. IVMS loaded on your mobile/pc.

5.2.5 Motion notifications work ( too many false alarms) but line and intrusion I have never got working. So I believe its a bug.