5.2.7.0 - RTSP sub-streams for high-MP cameras

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Ken said that, but what could he know about it, he only developed BI and keeps updating it.
Refute my claim then. What did I say that was false? What could I know about it, I only have 3 systems with mismatched FPS between sub-stream and main stream and have no issues?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm just commenting on the source of the information. You say you have no issues, but that's no issues that you see based on three systems. Ken is looking at thousands of systems and also looking inside the program. If you choose to use different iframe rates and it works for you, great.

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm just commenting on the source of the information. You say you have no issues, but that's no issues that you see based on three systems. Ken is looking at thousands of systems and also looking inside the program. If you choose to use different iframe rates and it works for you, great.
That's why we're having this discussion

MickPB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am unable to get BI alerts created using the camera's digital sensor with a Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE IP Camera or IPC-T2231T-ZS 2MP Starlight
I have BI 5.3.1.6 installed
and BI camera config
1601575060745.png

I've confirmed those stream paths with VLC media player. I've also observed that the camera detects motions and IVS trip wires based on the screen flashing when the tripwires are crossed and a yellow box tracking any object in motion.

If any of this looks wrong - please let me know.

The only other observation that I have is that when I view the cameras in the composite view I see the high resolution stream. I seem to recall that when I first went to the dual stream setup the low res view was shown here. I have confirmed this by temporarily configuring BI to show the low res feed from the camera and then the composite view clearly shows a different aspect ratio for that camera and the lower resolution.

Any suggestions how to get BI alerts triggered by the camera would be greatly appreciated

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You have a , where a & should be in the Sub stream path. Other than that, unfortunately I have never set up a BI camera to pull trigger events from a camera so I am not sure what all is required. Perhaps your Discovery/ONVIF port needs changed to 80?

MickPB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BP - Thanks for the quick reply.
I changed the sub stream to '/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif'

and have three alerts already

Marcelor73

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with the Foscam substream settings? I can't get it to work. When I enter anything in the substream box then check the video settings tab, it shows as BI getting the stream from the substream, but with the same resolution as the main stream. This is driving me crazy. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Thanks in advance.

If I change the 0 to a 1 in "Params" in the main stream, I get the feed for the sub stream. The issue is that no mater what I enter in the substream box, I can't get it to work.

Nevermind! I got it to work. For those having issues with Foscam and substream here's what worked for me. Found the answer in this thread

Specifically this comment:

BI5 Camera model is set to the same type other people here have used (See thread https://blueirissoftware.com/Forum/view ... f=4&t=1488 ). Are there any other types for the R2 ? The answer is yes. There is a rtsp version as well = C1/C2/R2/R4/F198xx/99xx RTSP

When I changed to that, the video main stream changed from "Main Stream /" to "Main Stream /videoMain". Looks familiar. I set the substream to "/videoSub" and it is now working

Before, the params for my Main stream were blank. With the new camera type, it changed to /videoMain so entering videoSub in the substream now works.

I hope this helps someone else.

Thanks for reading

Attachments

Last edited:

Marcelor73

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need to set the sub-stream parameters in the cam. Right now they are set to the same as the main stream.
Thanks. substream was set up correctly within the camera. I finally figured it out. See my edited post above. Thanks for the reply!

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone configured sub-streams for the Reolinks? 423 & 520. The main stream string reads /bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={......}

If I add 1 for where there's a 0 the camera doesn't show; if I just replace the 0 on stream I get both main & sub streams identical.

My SV3C is working ok (so far)....

CPU showing 30-35% RAM 1.08G

inline6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone configured sub-streams for the Reolinks? 423 & 520. The main stream string reads /bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={......}

If I add 1 for where there's a 0 the camera doesn't show; if I just replace the 0 on stream I get both main & sub streams identical.

My SV3C is working ok (so far)....

CPU showing 30-35% RAM 1.08G
Make sure Sub S is enabled in camera parameters

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
He’s saying to ensure that the substream is enabled within the camera itself.
Chuckles - thanks - there's two camera settings in BI and then in the apps, so I was a bit confused.

Except there doesn't appear to be a switch - oddly one can set both main and sub-streams parameters but not specifically enable. Reolink website FAQs a bit lacking to say the least - last updated on this issue 2 days ago - seems like a long work in progress for them!

I'll have a shuftie in ONVIF Manager and see if I can see a sub stream setting I can pinch...

Currently BI isn't working on any of my cameras, but I can view them on Reolink and ONVIF Manager - typical network problems I sense!