5.2.4 - March 31, 2020 - AMD/DirectX and D3D11 decoding now supported

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think, possibly, 5.2.4.4 may be working with Intel for my H.265 cameras. It's dark now so daylight will show if it is.

mrc545

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ever since 5.2.4.0, BI will sporadically crash, then when it restarts from the BI Tools Watchdog, all of my cams that are direct-to-disk have hardware accelerated decode switched to "off". The non direct-to-disk cams are unaffected.

Happens every few days. I'll wake up to find BI restarting and closing every 10 seconds because the CPU threshold is over my Watchdog limit due to HW acceleration being turned off by the software.

Just installed 5.2.4.4 to see if it changes anything. If not, I'm reverting back to the last stable release that worked with no issues.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ever since 5.2.4.0, BI will sporadically crash, then when it restarts from the BI Tools Watchdog, all of my cams that are direct-to-disk have hardware accelerated decode switched to "off". The non direct-to-disk cams are unaffected.

Happens every few days. I'll wake up to find BI restarting and closing every 10 seconds because the CPU threshold is over my Watchdog limit due to HW acceleration being turned off by the software.

Just installed 5.2.4.4 to see if it changes anything. If not, I'm reverting back to the last stable release that worked with no issues.
This has been a known issue in all those earlier releases. .4 seems to have resolved it. Always disable auto update. Always.

mrc545

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This has been a known issue in all those earlier releases. .4 seems to have resolved it. Always disable auto update. Always.
Thanks fenderman. I have auto update disabled, but I had the brilliant idea of just downloading it without coming here to read the comments first. Won't make that mistake twice!