5.2.4.4 - March 31, 2020

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i may have to re-read some blue iris material. But if alerts are just simply pointers to clips (which are also stored on my NAS), does not BI have to load alert short clips on the left hand side of UI3? that is my delay, on UI3 screen upon logging in. And yep, you are correct. My ALERTS folder is empty.
I though you meant that your are receiving alert notifications late. Is your database folder on your nas or local?

Reaction score
I though you meant that your are receiving alert notifications late. Is your database folder on your nas or local?
per Cliff Notes, yes...database folder is on local HD. My ALERTS listing delay happens when I log into UI3 anytime on remote computer. Did not happen when I had the mid-tower i7 with local HD. So I assumed some inevitable network congestion going on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
per Cliff Notes, yes...database folder is on local HD. My ALERTS listing delay happens when I log into UI3 anytime on remote computer. Did not happen when I had the mid-tower i7 with local HD. So I assumed some inevitable network congestion going on.
yes it sounds like your network is slow

Reaction score
yes it sounds like your network is slow
Cat6 cables to cameras, Cat6 patch cords between Ubiquiti UDM router and Ubiquiti managed switch. Do not think I can boost my network more above that (unless I had dual NIC card out of my USFF so I could have 2 connections into the NAS...as of right now, just 1 connection). Oh well. NAS is great for what it does since I have a USFF case. But yea...I'll probably swap back to SFF just to get that local HD.

Reaction score
h.265 intel hardware acceleration is working with Dahua cams for me.

HOWEVER - I'm running into issues playing back clips when hardware acceleration for the cameras is enabled. I can confirm that the camera profile setting is determining whether BI is using hardware decode on playback by disabling all cameras and then watching GPU usage during clip playback.

With HW acceleration disabled I have no issues.

With HW acceleration enabled I get all sorts of processing artifacts etc.

Note that live view seems to work just fine.

Anyone else try playing back stored h.265 material in BI using the intel hardware acceleration enabled? This also shows up in UI3 where at first I thought it was a UI3 problem but it isn't isolated there.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
h.265 intel hardware acceleration is working with Dahua cams for me.

HOWEVER - I'm running into issues playing back clips when hardware acceleration for the cameras is enabled. I can confirm that the camera profile setting is determining whether BI is using hardware decode on playback by disabling all cameras and then watching GPU usage during clip playback.

With HW acceleration disabled I have no issues.

With HW acceleration enabled I get all sorts of processing artifacts etc.

Note that live view seems to work just fine.

Anyone else try playing back stored h.265 material in BI using the intel hardware acceleration enabled? This also shows up in UI3 where at first I thought it was a UI3 problem but it isn't isolated there.
Are you using a "smart codec" or h.265+ ?

Reaction score
Are you using a "smart codec" or h.265+ ?
I think that might have been it. I haven't been but was testing it out recently. The offending playback clips I believe were using the smart codec. Other non-smart codec clips seem to be ok.

Thanks for asking - I've reenabled HW and disabled smart codecs and will continue to test.

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
also have you tried disabling hardware acceleration for that camera?
it is indeed disabled. HW acceleration has never worked for the one nest cam i connect to. whenever attempting to activate, it has always failed and falls back to disabled. On the most recent few versions, it now doesn't connect for more than a second. But, I'll email support so he can look into it.

EDIT: spoke to Ken. He's fixed it with *.6 and it also seems HW accel stays active for nest cams now. nice.

Last edited:

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone else getting just black playback when playing back H265 recordings?