4.3.0 - February 23, 2016

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1) Is it possible to trigger a zone only if there was no movement in another one?

2) Another feature that could be interesting could be to trigger if a single zone has movement and the presence inside it remains for x time.
Uptonow it seems this isn't detectable, isn't it?

MikeyOnline

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1) Is it possible to trigger a zone only if there was no movement in another one?

2) Another feature that could be interesting could be to trigger if a single zone has movement and the presence inside it remains for x time.
Uptonow it seems this isn't detectable, isn't it?
(1) Can you give a scenario where that would be useful. I'm trying to understand what you want to do since, if I wanted to do that, I might split that one zone into two and make an A-B type rule. Or just mask out the area where I don't want movement. But neither of those can be used to say something like "movement in zone A, while NO movement in zone B". But I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why you'd do something like that.

(2) Wouldn't the "make time" do that for you?

Mike

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please correct if I'm wrong, but even now with 8 mask zones and hotspot we still aren't able to use zone specific different motion sensor and min. duration settings.

For instance, I need on a Blue Iris setup:

1. Higher sensitivity and 0.5s min. duration for the whole camera frame, and this should triggers recording only;
2. On a mask zone for the door, to avoid unwanted triggers I need a larger object size, greater contrast and a min. duration of 3s, and this should trigger a push alarm to a smartphone;

To have different motion settings I'm using a camera duplicate, with AOI on Video tab.

Anyone facing a similar scenario?

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please correct if I'm wrong, but even now with 8 mask zones and hotspot we still aren't able to use zone specific different motion sensor and min. duration settings.

For instance, I need on a Blue Iris setup:

1. Higher sensitivity and 0.5s min. duration for the whole camera frame, and this should triggers recording only;
2. On a mask zone for the door, to avoid unwanted triggers I need a larger object size, greater contrast and a min. duration of 3s, and this should trigger a push alarm to a smartphone;

To have different motion settings I'm using a camera duplicate, with AOI on Video tab.

Anyone facing a similar scenario?
Yes, you're correct @technet. When I asked Ken about this recently has said that there's plenty more to come as he continues to expand on motion and alerts.

Last edited by a moderator:

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
(1) Can you give a scenario where that would be useful. I'm trying to understand what you want to do since, if I wanted to do that, I might split that one zone into two and make an A-B type rule. Or just mask out the area where I don't want movement. But neither of those can be used to say something like "movement in zone A, while NO movement in zone B". But I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why you'd do something like that.

(2) Wouldn't the "make time" do that for you?

Mike
1) For example, it could be useful to avoid some false alerts: if I have a zone inside a garden, but outside there is a street with car's light passing at night, that light beam could trigger into the garden, but is false. If i set an external zone in the street, I could negate the trigger in the garden.
Another example could be when you have zones in perspective z-depth due to camera position: a person in zone B "near" the camera can overlap a zone A more "distant" from the camera due to perspective. So if you want to identify correctly zoneA it could be useful trigger it only if there is nothing in zone B.

2) it's not the same: maybe it could be quite similar if you could set min duration for each different zone, but at the moment if you set it higher for a zone, you risk to lose something in other zones with faster movement.
But there is another different take: it's not related to movement. If you have a sidewalk with your door entrance with doorbell and you want to identify who rings your bell, you don't want to trigger all people passing in front of the doorbell (movement in different zones), BUT neither you can trigger only with min duration because after a person enters the zone of the doorbell, he stops moving as he waits static. So it could be useful to trigger a zone after someone enters it with a movement and then remains in the zone without moving for some time.

MikeyOnline

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1) For example, it could be useful to avoid some false alerts: if I have a zone inside a garden, but outside there is a street with car's light passing at night, that light beam could trigger into the garden, but is false. If i set an external zone in the street, I could negate the trigger in the garden.
Another example could be when you have zones in perspective z-depth due to camera position: a person in zone B "near" the camera can overlap a zone A more "distant" from the camera due to perspective. So if you want to identify correctly zoneA it could be useful trigger it only if there is nothing in zone B.

2) it's not the same: maybe it could be quite similar if you could set min duration for each different zone, but at the moment if you set it higher for a zone, you risk to lose something in other zones with faster movement.
But there is another different take: it's not related to movement. If you have a sidewalk with your door entrance with doorbell and you want to identify who rings your bell, you don't want to trigger all people passing in front of the doorbell (movement in different zones), BUT neither you can trigger only with min duration because after a person enters the zone of the doorbell, he stops moving as he waits static. So it could be useful to trigger a zone after someone enters it with a movement and then remains in the zone without moving for some time.
I think those would be two useful features. I too would like the ability to specify sensitivity, object size, and so on per-zone. As you said, some zones are much more distant and need different parameters. Also, it would be great to be able to specify a zone rule like !A!BC which would mean, "motion detected in zone C but no motion in zones A or B for the alert duration".

Mike

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Even different alerts for different zones should be useful: I could make an alert for an alarm in a zone, and a car counter in another zone for example, launching an external program.
Now you can only disable a zone from causing an alarm, or you get the same alarm for every zone active.

EDIT:
Now, you can make 2 cam of the same scene and you can do this, but having all in one displayed cam could be better.

pbets

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: had to adjust a setting for one cam and after it saved alerts began working again. Reset the rest and they seem fine ATM.

MikeyOnline

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's not as windy today so that might be part of it, but 4.3.0.6 appears to have better shadow cancellation even with better conditions outside considered. I've not gotten a single false alert today due to tree branch shadows.

Mike

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's not as windy today so that might be part of it, but 4.3.0.6 appears to have better shadow cancellation even with better conditions outside considered. I've not gotten a single false alert today due to tree branch shadows.

Mike
It's the opposite for me. Since 4.3.0.6, clouds/shadows seem to be triggering false positives.

One thing I have never gotten my head around is the Minimum Contrast option... What changes do you think I could make to limit shadows causing a FP?

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 14.09.46.png

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've increased the Contrast to 65, not had any false positives and there has been muchos cloud action. However, I have not yet been able to test object detection.

MikeyOnline

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I take back what I said. Still getting a lot of cloud falsing in 4.3.0.6. It even falses when there's only a slight change in brightness over green grass. Didn't think it was supposed to do that because it is supposed to detect that it's the same color and only a little different brightness. Not working. As a point of reference, I have my contrast set to 30. Anything higher than that and it doesn't detect light colored cars driving on my street: even in a hot zone! So I can't go higher than about 30 on the contrast or I start to miss vehicle traffic.

Mike

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Running 4.3.0.12 now and shadows from clouds are triggering alarms like crazy compared to before. Where can I find release notes for this version. I check the "What's new" section and didn't see anything other than the initial 4.3.0. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Running 4.3.0.12 now and shadows from clouds are triggering alarms like crazy compared to before. Where can I find release notes for this version. I check the "What's new" section and didn't see anything other than the initial 4.3.0. Thanks
there are no release notes on minor revisions..

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is anyone having issues clicking on the timeline at the bottom of the screen and being able to play/skip through clips properly? I'm running 4.3.0.14

I can click on the timeline and it shows the camera at that time, but the play/skip controls don't seem to work. I can click on a dead area of the timeline and I just see black while the timer counts. Is that how it's supposed to work?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Spooling - If you are double clicking in the timeline to start playback for all camera views, then yes, you should see black screens when no events were taking place like you describe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, but is there an option to play over the dead space in the timeline? If I click on an area where there is video, it doesn't seem to want to play from that point either. The time counter changes but the video is frozen.