4.2.5 - November 20, 2015

tlawson

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there anyway I can get my hands on a previous version? Since I upgraded to 2.4.5.1 yesterday all my axis cameras, and all my arecont camera using h.264 display an error RTSP: 404 NOT FOUND. The camera are working correctly, nothing else had changed. I sent an email to support but havnt heard anything back. If anyone can help, I would be very appreciative.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there anyway I can get my hands on a previous version? Since I upgraded to 2.4.5.1 yesterday all my axis cameras, and all my arecont camera using h.264 display an error RTSP: 404 NOT FOUND. The camera are working correctly, nothing else had changed. I sent an email to support but havnt heard anything back. If anyone can help, I would be very appreciative.
I posted a link to an earlier version on the first page of this thread.

tlawson

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes sir, I clicked that link yesterday, and a few times today to see if it was updated, I just tried it with another computer, and it worked, thank you

tlawson

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah woot, all my cameras are back online, thank you so much, I was so used to seeing them on the monitor above my tv, I felt blind and paranoid without them. Seriously dude, you should open a paypal type thank you tip jar. I deal with dvrs everyday at work, from little costar 4 channel to giant nextiva VMS servers with 3000 cameras, and nothing is as easy, or complete as yours, its value far exceeds the price your charging for it. (I still want to send you an arecont 20mp 180 degree camera to play with one day, so get some kinks worked out) I truly appreciate what you do,

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ah woot, all my cameras are back online, thank you so much, I was so used to seeing them on the monitor above my tv, I felt blind and paranoid without them. Seriously dude, you should open a paypal type thank you tip jar. I deal with dvrs everyday at work, from little costar 4 channel to giant nextiva VMS servers with 3000 cameras, and nothing is as easy, or complete as yours, its value far exceeds the price your charging for it. (I still want to send you an arecont 20mp 180 degree camera to play with one day, so get some kinks worked out) I truly appreciate what you do,
Don't forget Fenderman's "Thanks" button tlawson :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For the record I am not involved with BI development in any way. I am simply end user with lots of BI machines. BI is developed by Ken Pletzer/perspective software. It is an amazing piece of software.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
A suggestion: because of frequent updating of the software which has a track record , at a minimum Perspective should have on its web page a download link to older known stable version. This has nothing to do with automatic updating, this is just to make the updating process easier and more efficient for users. Its also just simply being considerate of its user base.

It would also give fenderman more time to help folks who don't have an update issue.

It could even be apart of the software. A popup "Revert back to x.x.x.x?"

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A suggestion: because of frequent updating of the software which has a track record , at a minimum Perspective should have on its web page a download link to older known stable version. This has nothing to do with automatic updating, this is just to make the updating process easier and more efficient for users. Its also just simply being considerate of its user base.

It would also give fenderman more time to help folks who don't have an update issue.

It could even be apart of the software. A popup "Revert back to x.x.x.x?"
If you truly want to provide that suggestion, then you have to email the developer. He doesnt read the forums.