4.2.5 - November 20, 2015

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
  • When converting or exporting video, it is now possible to go from BVR to MP4 format without re-encoding, which will be faster and preserve video quality. It will also be possible to go from BVR to AVI WITH re-encoding and audio compression.
  • The "temporary time" for a manual profile override has been moved from the Options/Schedule tab to the Options/Profile tab and may now be set per-profile.
  • A new feature on Options/Clips allows you to queue clips for backup/upload as they are moved between folders.
  • A new feature on Options/Clips to automatically protect flagged clips or alerts. Previously and without this option selected, flagged items are still subject to automatic deletion based on age or folder size.
  • When using the motion detection settings "test" option in the viewer, any masked area is darkened.
  • "Enabled" checkboxes have been added to the FTP and Email server pages on the Options window.
  • Bug fix perhaps, Alert images now marked as Protected are safe from automatic deletion (as clips had been already).
  • When a clip is marked as protected, its associated Alerts are also protected from deletion.
  • A bug fix involving recording to AVI files causing the camera window to appear to hang and the creation of large files.

brama

n3wb
Reaction score
After upgrading to 4.2.5 I can not move the timeline with alerts . The only alert that opens is the first of the clip. I went back to the old version and it is no problem.
Repair the database or create new clips does not help.
Generally BI is growing impressively but sometimes are errors that embarrassment .

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After upgrading to 4.2.5 I can not move the timeline with alerts . The only alert that opens is the first of the clip. I went back to the old version and it is no problem.
Generally BI is growing impressively but sometimes are errors that embarrassment .
You should not be updating critical systems as soon as a new version is released. If you follow that advice you wont have any problems. Also the fact that you are having an issue is not indicative that everyone is is having it, so you need to report the bug.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having this issue also. I have reported it.

Thanks,
Bill

nethfel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried the update out - it also seems to have broken the web interface (at least when not using ActiveX) in terms of playing old clips back - I should also ask - is there a way to downgrade without uninstall/re-install?

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried the update out - it also seems to have broken the web interface (at least when not using ActiveX) in terms of playing old clips back - I should also ask - is there a way to downgrade without uninstall/re-install?
Also having problems with the Ui2 web interface from BIT, it won't display the motion clips video. Wait a few hours or a day, my guess is it will be fixed quickly and is recording fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, simply run an old update file.

nethfel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmm, well it seemed to not work with the full install (which was the only file I had, the 4.24.x full install) - stopped the service, ran the installer to re-install, started it back up and it was still at 4.25. the support page only lists the current update and a way back legacy update file - is there a place to get other past updates?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, well it seemed to not work with the full install (which was the only file I had, the 4.24.x full install) - stopped the service, ran the installer to re-install, started it back up and it was still at 4.25. the support page only lists the current update and a way back legacy update file - is there a place to get other past updates?
The best practice is to manually download the updates from the website, this way you have the older files. Auto update should be turned off.
Here is 4.2.3.3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/glahk2ig7c...30%29.exe?dl=0

Reactions: Git

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Came here after experiencing problems with the none of my clips playing over the web server and I noticed an new update had been installed...

Thanks Fenderman for the link

nethfel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This honestly was the first update on a fresh install so all I had was the original installer :) Auto-update was/is off, but check for updates was on - unfortunately this morning I launched the console and it prompted me that a new update was available and without thinking about it I clicked yes rather than no.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This honestly was the first update on a fresh install so all I had was the original installer :) Auto-update was/is off, but check for updates was on - unfortunately this morning I launched the console and it prompted me that a new update was available and without thinking about it I clicked yes rather than no.
Same here, I should have known better when I seen the .0. :)

drew134

n3wb
Reaction score
I did notice after this update that when I view clips on the BI app for Android that is crashes the server and it restarts automatically. The BI server comes back with error message 'null - null'. Anyone else confirm this?

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did notice after this update that when I view clips on the BI app for Android that is crashes the server and it restarts automatically. The BI server comes back with error message 'null - null'. Anyone else confirm this?
The IOS app is also broken. Blue Iris gets constant updates, you can either revert or wait it out. :) Be careful reverting, I lost my clips reverting to 4.2.3.1, it wasn't a big deal to me. Sticking with 4.2.5.0 and ride the wave.

Fenderman, did the BVR format change at some point during 4.2.4.x series?

drew134

n3wb
Reaction score
The IOS app is also broken. Blue Iris gets constant updates, you can either revert or wait it out. :) Be careful reverting, I lost my clips reverting to 4.2.3.1, it wasn't a big deal to me.

Fenderman, did the BVR format change at some point during 4.2.4.x series?
I recall this morning my mother said the IOS app revealed the crashing as well. Thank you for responding. I'll just wait it out in case I notice any other issues to report back on. It is still functioning somewhat, and I don't mind updating frequently. If I do come across anything else I'll note it. Thank you again!

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best to just wait for the next update. It never takes long, I believe he's working on it now. Like Fenderman says, if you are running critical installations, don't update automatically and keep the last update handy.

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank goodness. 4.2.5.0 was a turd.