3" PT Hikvision DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(F1)(S5)

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've just bought one of these to use at my front door. It's a replacement for an ancient Dahua turret - of the generation having a very poor focus when in B&W.
IMG_1484.jpg
So far I think I'll be please with it:
  • 4MP, 1/1.8" giving a claimed unbelievably good low light performance of 0.0005 lux in colour. Can switch to B&W, presumably even lower lux.
  • f1.0 but no problem with near focus
  • colorvu with white LEDs for 0 lux
  • I think it looks small and neat.
  • has a microphone and speaker (not tried)
  • has audio line in and out to use instead
  • using poe but has a 60mA 12v o/p
  • has an alarm line in and out interface
  • smart features/events
  • 512GB slot
  • £167 inc VAT
  • the list goes on...

• No optical zoom but not needed at my front door - I only need to tilt down to check for a parcel left on my doorstep.
  • Pan is slow but I don't need any form of tracking.
  • At 120dB, the dynamic range is not brilliant - hopefully, it will be OK late afternoon when the sun is low in the sky (no sun today) - will move up a bit and so point down a bit to miss the sky.
  • Only problem so far with this camera is that it makes me look far older than I actually am...
  • And I'm a bit busy but can scrub up

Frnt_Dr.20210319_135126077.4.jpg

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Are those Dickie's red overalls I see Dave ? ....reminds me of my time served in offshore marine industry. You're looking good BTW :)
Excellent Picture BTW.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Brilliant little PT camera with a good sensor and F1:0 lens, I know Dave is made up with his purchase.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you have made a good first choice if you needed a PT. Are you are aware it is ONLY a PT camera with a fixed 4mm lens so no zoom just Pan/Tilt

AnthH

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah. Sorry just playing. I'm not sure if I'm happy with the video tbh. Maybe I don't have it setup right just yet.

Michael Diehl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had mine installed for 3 weeks or so now,works very well for the purpose, and like the ColorVu Bullet cam I also have up, works incredibly well at night. Even a half moon's light will look like daylight in full color. The digital zoom seems to work well, be sure to enable it in the Config. settings though...

AnthH

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah I've enabled the zoom :) Just trying to get it to send me emails. I keep getting

Failed to connect the test server

AnthH

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I think I have that working. But why are the images in such a low resolution in the email? That's me :) I'm not waving at you all I was testing the camera for ghosting in the image.

D01-3.jpg

You might be thinking that looks over exposed. You'd be right. We put up a 20w LED light on the advice of the police.

We had our car windows smashed 4 weeks ago and our bay window done 2 weeks after that. Our old Swann system just wasn't up to the job. Well I say that it made out it was the same guy both times but night footage was unusable.

Guess I have a lot more playing around with settings lol. At the moment I'm happy with the recording video on the NVR.

Last edited:

AnthH

n3wb
Reaction score
I mounted the camera about 10 feet. Is that to high? I have the emails working from the NVR but for the life of me can't get the camera to send them. From what I read the camera emails better images than the NVR. They are useless.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just trying to get it to send me emails. I keep getting

Failed to connect the test server
Is the camera connected to an NVR PoE port?
If so, by default, access out to an email server is blocked.
But it can usually be enabled with a couple of network mods, as follows :

Ensure Virtual Host is enabled on the NVR. It presumably is, if you are testing camera email.
Change the mode of the NVR PoE channel to Manual instead of Plug&Play, to stop the NVR from re-configuring the camera network settings back.
Change the camera default gateway to 192.168.254.1 (I'm assuming that's the address of the NVR PoE NIC).
On your LAN router/gateway add a static route something like :
"For network 192.168.254.0/24 (ie subnet mask 255.255.255.0) use <NVR_LAN_interface_IP_address> as gateway".

To confirm that works OK, ping the camera at it's actual 192.168.254.x address from a PC on the LAN.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Why do you "need" to update? Is there something wrong with the firmware the camera is running now?