2nd Amendment thread

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Once upon a time, I used to ride my bicycle down main st right through town, with my dads Sears 22lr slung on my back. No swat teams were called, and no one said a word.
Mid to late 60's would be the time frame.
Guys kept shot guns in their school lockers if they were going hunting after school, and would even get them out from time to time for teachers to admire. No one freaked out.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Excerpt:
Back in 2004, the IRS launched the use of something called a “Merchant Category Code” or an MCC, as a way to classify different types of businesses and identify the types of goods or services that a company sells. Companies that accept payments by credit card are categorized with an MCC for their business type.
It was, of course, sold as a improvement for better tax reporting, and is still touted, as CNBC put it, as a tool to help “prevent things ranging from fraud to human trafficking.” But never forget. When government and its supporters tell you “it’s for your safety,” it usually means “so we can control you.”
10 States and Counting: 2nd Amendment Financial Privacy Act ( Alabama has also introduced one too ):

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
I had not heard about this... watch the video embedded in the news story...it shows the situation and the shooting.

Now check this out-- that guy had a USCCA Membership, but ended up with a public defender at trial???

EDIT: Looking at the "prank" videos this idiot has made, I am a bit surprised he hasn't had the shit beaten out of him by someone...
1712673083317.png

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Soooo

1- looks like a bad shoot to me. He’s very lucky he got off on the primary charge

2- WTF with USCCA? I actually met Tim Schmidt years ago at a MAG40 class. Have always viewed them as legit. Haven’t followed them or this case, but sure seems.. ugly

3- obviously something not right with the defendant using a Public Defender when USCCA says he was/is in good standing with them which would supply an attorney and more…?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So I understand the question, same one I have.
But, I’ve not heard of this happening before this case, and there may be good reasons. I don’t think we have all the facts yet..

Full disclosure: I’m not a USCCA Member.

ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You don't really want an "insurance" company covering you for self defense... plenty of vids from Attorneys on Retainer explaining why...

Reaction score
That Kayla Giles story is not being presented fairly. A ton of evidence came out that she PLANNED that shooting -- premeditated murder. Part of that planning is likely to have included the purchase of the USCCA membership. All of this is really interesting-- and the finger-pointing back and forth is between people with money in the game, so to speak, competing for the same customers for coverage regarding self defense situations. So I'm not automatically buying the Attorney's on Retainer rhetoric, and neither am I blanketly accepting the USCCA position on who they seem to refuse to cover.... The whole thing definitely has my attention though.

EDIT: Saw that last video just now since I cannot F-ing sleep.... He presents the other side of the story with that Giles case. Wow. I am still skeptical of ALL of it-- but they still got her to take a plea deal. Crazy. Very cool that the other lawyers offered services for free, and this guy presents a good case for NOT relying on an insurance company.

Last edited:
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That’s the only concern I have with permitless carry.

As a former instructor I used to see a lot of dumb shit in our entry level/CWL classes. Not everyone should carry a gun. Personal responsibility is the foundation of many of our laws and the number/percentage of the population who value and understand that concept has dropped to dangerous levels.

That said, I get the whole Constitutional carry thing, but frankly our society has sunk so low that I still think some formal training (not just range time but legal/ethics classroom education) should be a requirement. Just like a drivers license.

Unlike the 2 hour certificate mills, our entry CWL course was 4 hours classroom and 4 hours range time with a qual. We charged $150 while the certificate mills charged $40 and basically walked you through how to fill out and submit the application :rolleyes: