2nd Amendment thread

Reaction score
Why Was Hip Shooting Ever a Thing?
Lucky Gunner Ammo

Mar 29, 2024
For a span of about 40-50 years in the middle of the last century, the majority of people who carried a gun for a living were taught to fire it from hip level at 10 yards or less. Shooters before and after this generation knew that hip shooting had an enormous accuracy penalty with no benefit to speed. Today, we're looking at how one FBI gunfighter convinced the whole country that hip shooting was the next best thing.

Barney Fife approves.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been eyeballing the newish Spear but was kinda hoping to see the new .277 fury as an option.... not so much yet :(

Reaction score
I've been eyeballing the newish Spear but was kinda hoping to see the new .277 fury as an option.... not so much yet :(
They are brilliant. The military is going to make a lot of people multi-millionaires funding the ongoing maintenance and barrel replacement on those new rifles.

1712065799332.png

1712065867724.png
Great article about that cartridge...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Time will tell. They have a big investment in it as does Sig.

The good news is unless we get into a sustained multi year direct conflict in the streets, I'll not likely fry one :lmao:

And I'm not getting rid of my 516.... er um, if I can fish it out of the lake

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How the NRA Finally Got Relief from the Pistol Brace Rule
Washington Gun Law

Apr 2, 2024
The pistol brace rule, is that thing still around? Yes, sort of. Washington Gun Law President, William Kirk, diswcusses the huge win by the NRA who now has obtained injunctive relief for its members from ATF's Pistol Brace Rule. This is great news for all NRA members and old news to anyone who was a member of another organization beause, as we know, the NRA was very late to this party. That beind said, this is a good piece of lawyering and an even better outcome for their members so let's geek out on the Court's order so that you can arm yourself with education today.

1712097912519.png

ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: carry insurance...

I suggest watching the vids from Attorneys for Freedom on their Attorneys on Retainer program-NOT insurance.

They go thru great detail on the various insurance programs contracts short falls.

While at times they speak/act just like a "stereotyped" lawyer, they do seem to be fair, and they critique their own plan.