2nd Amendment thread

Reaction score
Alaska’s Matanuska-Susitna Borough Urges Residents to Get Ammo and Arm Themselves (msn.com)

The Matanuska-Susitna Borough Assembly voted Tuesday to encourage its people to have guns and ammunition, linking the need to rely on the Second Amendment to an increase in crime and a dearth of state troopers, according to Alaska Public Radio.

The resolution said, "residents of the Matanuska-Susitna Borough can provide for the emergency management of the Borough, and provide for and protect the safety, security, and general welfare of the Borough and its inhabitants, every eligible resident residing in the Borough is encouraged to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition.”

It further noted that “the right to bear arms pre-dated the United States of America and pre-dated the US Constitution."

The resolution also stated that “the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution restrains the government from infringing on the pre-existing right to bear arms.”

Clark noted that in Alaska, gun ownership is common sense.

“Alaskans tend to be pretty practically-minded people. It would be difficult to live out here if one didn't have a good solid grounding in practical matters. Taking responsibility for your own safety, be that from two-legged or four-legged predators, is part of that,” he wrote.

Reaction score
So here in the depths of winter, I have been thinking about spending more time at the range once we defrost. It seems like the key word there is "Spending"... lol.

As I look at the ammo prices for the weapons I have, I was thinking about the direction we are headed nationally, and that perhaps I should be keeping a little more on hand than I normally do. I get the feeling that as we head into this fall and the looming election, the prices that are making me wince right now could be a LOT higher not too long from now.

1706042173988.png

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
So here in the depths of winter, I have been thinking about spending more time at the range once we defrost. It seems like the key word there is "Spending"... lol.

As I look at the ammo prices for the weapons I have, I was thinking about the direction we are headed nationally, and that perhaps I should be keeping a little more on hand than I normally do. I get the feeling that as we head into this fall and the looming election, the prices that are making me wince right now could be a LOT higher not too long from now.

View attachment 183838
2nd Amendment thread :winktongue:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I only buy what I need for the range at any given time (or replenish immediately after the range) locally. Living where I live, there are two very reasonable gun stores nearby.

Aside from that, if push comes to shove, I'll have to don my scuba gear and try to pull everything else off of the bottom of that lake as there is way more down there than I'd ever have the chance to use... ;)

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

View attachment 183838
I use SGAmmo all the time, usually on the top of the list at Ammoseek.com for lowest prices and always free shipping over $200.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just donated to SG and put my order in for 200 Hornady SUB-X 762x39 255gr subs. Last month donated to SG for 1000 S&B 9mm 140gr subs. I love subs, very quiet when suppressed :wow:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I’m $500 poorer now. I even blamed you all in the comments section of my order with a link to this thread and said they’ve been spoken highly of here. View attachment 184064
There's an unwritten but widely understood disclaimer on IPCT, something like "......IPCT members are not responsible for purchases made by other IPCT members relating to firearms, surveillance cameras, computers or any other items deemed as essential by the purchaser." :headbang::lmao: