2nd Amendment thread

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think we’re on two different frequency’s.

The data , UCR, was at least reasonably good up through about 2016-2019. Current reporting I don’t have any idea. I suspect looking at BJS it’s been tainted more recently with a lot of DEI bullshit. It’s only as good as the reporting from various state and local sources. The analysis has become questionable.

The organization has become corrupt beyond comprehension. If the Director of the FBI told me water was wet, I’d not believe him.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look I'm not American, so what's obvious to you may not always be to me. Whats the problem with their data, and what does their mission statement have to do with it? @bigredfish seems to think their data is ok.
I understand you're not American and I have no issue with that. It's just that the last several years the FBI, along with the IRS and other federal offices, has been used by the Obama admin and now the Biden admin to pursue their leftist political agendas...and that's a fact, not something I am making up.

Key department heads and directors in the FBI, both past and present, have lied, falsified and fabricated evidence and overlooked criminal activity while in office.

I'm OK with their data because I don't use it, have no reason to use it and could care less about their data...I don't like the FBI, I don't trust the FBI and nothing anyone on this forum or elsewhere can convince me to think otherwise. I have lots of respect for @bigredfish but even he knows why I possibly feel the way I do about the FBI and I'm pretty sure he cares not to waste his breath and time with me on that subject. He also knows I am not alone in this opinion of the FBI......not by a long shot.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I understand you're not American and I have no issue with that. It's just that the last several years the FBI, along with the IRS and other federal offices, has been used by the Obama admin and now the Biden admin to pursue their leftist political agendas...and that's a fact, not something I am making up.
On the Australian political spectrum, I've always been centre right, and I despise wokeness, but, from my limited knowledge of US politics, I suspect I'd be labelled a bleeding heart communist.

I've always liked the respect and admiration most Americans had for their military and law enforcement, the people who go into harms way on their behalf, and I always liked how people backed the men and women of those organisations, even when they didn't personally believe that they were being asked to do the right thing at that point in time by their political masters. An organisation can't become corrupt, unless the people in it are corrupt, and it saddens me that your law enforment officers appear to be copping it from all sides now. and they have to try to do their job in an environment where they have been written off before they even turn up.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Why do you say that?
Its already an hour past my bedtime and its a school night, but the short version is that the former and current FBI Directors have openly lied to the American people and continue to, supported a coup to try and take down an elected President, ignored hard clear evidence of crimes by high ranking officials because the offender was on the Liberal Progressive Left team, are openly hostile to parents trying to keep pedophiles away from their kids in public schools, perp walk 70 year old men and women from their homes with dozens of heavily armed tactical agents at 3am over a trespassing offense from jan 6, and I could go on, I've posted a lot of it in the politics thread.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On the Australian political spectrum, I've always been centre right, and I despise wokeness, but, from my limited knowledge of US politics, I suspect I'd be labelled a bleeding heart communist.

I've always liked the respect and admiration most Americans had for their military and law enforcement, the people who go into harms way on their behalf, and I always liked how people backed the men and women of those organisations, even when they didn't personally believe that they were being asked to do the right thing at that point in time by their political masters. An organisation can't become corrupt, unless the people in it are corrupt, and it saddens me that your law enforment officers appear to be copping it from all sides now. and they have to try to do their job in an environment where they have been written off before they even turn up.
You dont know me, or Tony, that well I suspect.

I wont speak for him, but I think you'd have found it difficult to find a more patriotic, LE supporting individual than I just a few short years ago. It sickens me to take the position I currently do. It goes against 50+ years of what I believed and how I was raised. But the people running many of those organizations have been corrupted on a scale that was unfathomable just a few short years ago.

We aint in Kansas anymore toto

Reaction score
I've always liked the respect and admiration most Americans had for their military and law enforcement, the people who go into harms way on their behalf, and I always liked how people backed the men and women of those organisations, even when they didn't personally believe that they were being asked to do the right thing at that point in time by their political masters.
Don't confuse the FBI and DOJ with the plethora of LE groups in the USA. While I rarely comment on politics here, and I really know these guys from IPCAMTALK only not personally, I think that they do respect and support their local LE. I know I do. There is a difference between the feds and state/local LE. The present Federal Administration has been using the FBI and DOJ to do their bidding. See all of the postings here and the other politics threads. Watch Fox or Sky in the AU and you will understand that point of view. Other Federal LE groups have been used by the administration for their political gain, like the DEA and the BATFE. The Border Patrol has been harassed by the present Administration for just trying to do their jobs. I am sure that there are individuals in those organizations that are patriots trying to do the best job that they can. But as @bigredfish stated, the management and commanders are partisan leftists now.

Here in Texas there are the State Police and Game Wardens (which are State Police also), County Sheriff offices, City Police, and County Precinct Constables. Also, each Independent School District (ISD) has its own police force. I have probably missed some. I have a lot of support for those folks.

Reaction score
There was a time when the FBI was bullet proof (or so we thought). AKA: G-Men But those days are long gone. I grew up having complete and blind faith and loyalty to the FBI..I mean, if the FBI said it, it must be true! That's all gone now...they have become politicized and that IMO has destroyed their trustworthiness, reputation and dedication to the truth, law and order, and our constitution.

As for local Law Enforcement, I shake their hands every chance I get and thank them for doing what they do. Hold the Thin, Blue Line. Please.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I could not agree more with the last 3 posts by @bigredfish , @SJGUSMC21 and @samplenhold ....I support all our local city, state, and county LE and let them know every chance I get. Out of respect for them and their employers I don't put them in the same level as the FBI.

The FBI is the unit that could be de-funded, if any......but it could definitely be re-built from the ground up, IMO.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Its already an hour past my bedtime and its a school night, but the short version is that the former and current FBI Directors have openly lied to the American people and continue to, supported a coup to try and take down an elected President, ignored hard clear evidence of crimes by high ranking officials because the offender was on the Liberal Progressive Left team, are openly hostile to parents trying to keep pedophiles away from their kids in public schools, perp walk 70 year old men and women from their homes with dozens of heavily armed tactical agents at 3am over a trespassing offense from jan 6, and I could go on, I've posted a lot of it in the politics thread.
I agree with this statement 100%

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The biggest problem with today's FBI. CIA, DOJ and even LE's in mostly Leftist controlled cities/towns is they have all are swayed by Politics and the latest Woke trends. Sure Politics has always played a role in these depts. but nothing like in today's world. Look at our Military and it's "Wokeness", ALL Political driven...

Another big problem with America today is most everyone plays a "Victim Card" or at least 90% of our youth does. Add that with their "Entitlement Stance" and we have people blaming everyone else for their problems. So many people/organizations/corporations cave to this Whining...

Look at who is doing most of these Mass Shootings...

This is where very few people agree with me, I blame the Bullies, they are not doing their jobs like they use to. Bullies have a purpose in life, they have and always will. They turn the weak into the strong individuals, IMO. Well they have failed this last decade...look at the "Woke" generation they helped create.
I would be willing to bet most everyone here was blessed with a bully in their life that helped mold them into the person they are today, strong, grateful and not whining that someone offended them...

I know there was a big campaign to combat the "Bullies", maybe that is why we are where we are today.

I thank the bullies in my life, they taught me how to fight and standup for myself and not run around with a Victim card complaining that everyone is offending me. I thank my Dad, God rest his soul, for telling me to confront them and stand up for myself.

#bringbackthebullies LOL

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The above interaction is clearly illegal.

No warrant - check
A Federal agent Holding a “list” of firearms - check
No law against multiple firearm purchase - check

This was pure intimidation.

I have no idea if the guy was an upstanding legal citizen or an axe murderer, but this is wrong and illegal.

I would politely ask for ID, a warrant, and advise that no offense but I don’t speak to LE without an attorney present.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
And what about the “just show us the weapon”? thing…… wtf?

You really expect me to go into the house, retrieve a firearm and bring it to you for show and tell at the front door with at least 3 armed LE standing there deciding if I’m a threat or not? Cmon, I wasn’t born yesterday

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You dont know me, or Tony, that well I suspect.
And I'm probably a lesser man for that.

It sickens me to take the position I currently do.
That's good to hear, not that you feel that way, but that you feel sick about it. Genuine concern because you expect more from your Law Enforcement is, IMHO, a healthy thing, and clearly you remember a time when they were better than that.

Genus appears to be piloting a watercraft down a deserted dirt road...or the boat's on a trailer being towed and he's only pretending to be a genus! :lmao:
That's Jeremy Clarkson, a pom, from the excellent show Top Gear / The Grand Tour

The above interaction is clearly illegal.
You'd be horrified to hear that in Australia you need a genuine reason to get a permit to buy a firearm, all of your firearms must be registered, and, the Police can inspect them at any time.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And I'm probably a lesser man for that.

That's good to hear, not that you feel that way, but that you feel sick about it. Genuine concern because you expect more from your Law Enforcement is, IMHO, a healthy thing, and clearly you remember a time when they were better than that.

That's Jeremy Clarkson, a pom, from the excellent show Top Gear / The Grand Tour

You'd be horrified to hear that in Australia you need a genuine reason to get a permit to buy a firearm, all of your firearms must be registered, and, the Police can inspect them at any time.
We are really trying to avert any such nonsense here.
You all need to work on getting some of your rights back from the overlords.