2nd Amendment thread

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Apparently it is Turkish.... Well-- this guy did not have good results with 9mm...

View attachment 134202

Ever since the scare and hoarding a couple of years ago, you see all kind of new ammo companies popping up. Good on you for researching it.

BTW - when I said “cheap” I mean by todays stupid prices which are still double what they were.
Good 9mm was $.19 p/rd and .556 was $.33 by the case before the craziness..

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So Eli Dickens, the Greenwood Mall good guy, fired 10 rounds, of which 8 hit the target, from 40 yrds.
Eli is now being represented and acting spokesmen by our famed Indiana gun law and constitution attorney Guy Relford.

I know Guy, and I would wager that he contacted Eli, and offered his services gratis. That's just conjecture on my part.

When I read about his accuracy my jaw dropped. He did better than most cops!
Is there any backstory to this kids experience with firearms?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anything. Some debate over 40ft vs 40 yds..? At 40 ft with some training not terribly difficult. At 40 yds, some damn good shooting under stress.

Back a few years ago, 2016 I aced the FBI qual with 100% and the Rangemaster qual with 97% (same COF as FBI qual but all shots had to be in the A zone rectangle) at Tom Givens Instructor class. I’d been shooting IDPA for about 7 years at that time.*

Shooting steel at 30-50 yards requires some good trigger control if you’re on the clock…a full size human certainly makes for a better target.

Still either way with the stress level, and I assume friendly’s running every which way, and apparently not hitting anyone who didn’t need shot, he did a hellava job. Can’t wait to see the video

* I mention that not to brag but to say the kids shooting at 40yds would have been quite a bit tougher given 12 seconds than the 25yd shots in the FBI qual.
new-fbi-qual-767x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anything. Some debate over 40ft vs 40 yds..? At 40 ft with some training not terribly difficult. At 40 yds, some damn good shooting under stress.

Back a few years ago, 2016 I aced the FBI qual with 100% and the Rangemaster qual with 97% (same COF as FBI qual but all shots had to be in the A zone rectangle) at Tom Givens Instructor class. I’d been shooting IDPA for about 7 years at that time.

Shooting steel at 30-50 yards requires some good trigger control if you’re on the clock…a full size human certainly makes for a better target.

Still either way with the stress level, and I assume friendly’s running every which way, and apparently not hitting anyone who didn’t need shot, he did a hellava job. Can’t wait to see the video
Ahhhh--- 40 feet makes more sense, I think.....

at 40 yards, a torso is not much wider than the front sight.

1658526224558.png

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Comparing myself at 42 to me in my 20's I think today I would be more worried about the people especially kids around this situation. Not trying to say he had no regard for the innocent. I'm just saying I worry more now :lmao:.

I'm proud of this guy for putting his neck on the line..

Reaction score
Some debate over 40ft vs 40 yds..? At 40 ft with some training not terribly difficult. At 40 yds, some damn good shooting under stress.
Yes I wondered about that too. I am not too sure I would have fired ten rounds from 40 yds. Now from 40ft, no problem. I have been shooting competitions for years and years. But never more than 35 yards for sure.

Either way, glad it worked out for him.

He's already got a drill named after him-
Dickens Drill. 10 rounds from concealment in under 12 seconds. Cold
That video shows it can be done. But I am not that young anymore, my eyes are not what they used to be, and not sure I would have taken those shots. I would like to think I would have tried to cut down the distance and then shoot though.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
It also was fun to watch him "make juice" out of various produce. He had a Remington semi auto (742 ?) 25-06
with semi-jacketed bullet. Anything hit would explode in a shower of pieces! Grape fruit, oranges, lemon then lime
but when it gets down to a grape, everyone always gasps! Seeing the 00 buck BB was better once we started painting them
red. You knew when he hit it, as it did not come down!

When he would work the M14, on a good day, I have watched him dump ALL 20 rounds on 1 squeeze into a playing card, no misses!

If one does not know, this was a revered person too!

Last edited:

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This was at one
time, my Father in Law. He was a pretty cool dude too.
(Negotiating the divorce settlement) You can have the kids and the house, but your old man is mine!

This should be interesting ..
I don't think he has thought out how that will be used against his own interests in the current environment. Whilst I personally find the argument that a semi automatic only copy of an assault rifle is not an assault rifle, because of the deletion of the automatic sear, pretty disingenuous, and I say that as a professional user of such weapons, if you were attempting to argue from such a position, wouldn't you avoid any test that will probably demonstrate how effective they can be in the same role as a "true" assault rifle?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
(Negotiating the divorce settlement) You can have the kids and the house, but your old man is mine!

I don't think he has thought out how that will be used against his own interests in the current environment. Whilst I personally find the argument that a semi automatic only copy of an assault rifle is not an assault rifle, because of the deletion of the automatic sear, pretty disingenuous, and I say that as a professional user of such weapons, if you were attempting to argue from such a position, wouldn't you avoid any test that will probably demonstrate how effective they can be in the same role as a "true" assault rifle?
Hi @SyconsciousAu

There's more on the AR15 topic here .. .223 and 5.56mm Nato specs .. so not just semi-auto vs auto will be the topic ..