2nd Amendment thread

Reaction score
Before I lost my AK in the boating accident I had, I LOVED IT IMMENSELY! All those years we were told that the M16 was superior to the AK....pfffft! I'd take my AK over my AR (If I hadn't lost them in a boating accident) any day of the week. Besides, I can barely see accurately 500 yards any longer, much less hit something with irons sights :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Having been on the same boat with @SJGUSMC21 during the tragic accident, I too lost a plain Jane WASR AK. Though unlike the Sarge, I had yet to become proficient with it.

I must say that my Sig 516 .556 was extremely reliable and due to the gas piston design, the bcg and internals stayed (relatively) clean even after a 1300 round 3 day carbine class.

Damn I miss those guns ...

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
A California lawmaker demonstrated why liberals are totally unqualified to opine on the 2nd Amendment, much craft legislation restricting citizens’ rights.

In a now-deleted tweet, California Assemblyman David Chiu dramatically posted: “Finding the discarded packaging of a semi-automatic on a leisurely weekend walk was disturbing, particularly during this month’s surge of gun violence in San Francisco.”

View attachment 90462

Except… if David had maybe looked at the packaging, he would have noticed it’s for a .177 caliber C02 powered BB gun.
Hasn't California had a spate of walkers killed by mountain lions recently? In which case, open or concealed carry in the wild (if permitted in Cali), might not seem such a bad idea. Bit like Alaska - very few people walk in the woods without at least a .357 magnum because of the bear problem.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, they used to. I have my dad's 22lr that was purchased from Sears in 1954, I have the box and the stamp from the post office. The postage was 78 cents.
You could also purchase ammo at about any gas station.
That same rifle, I used to take out into the stripper hills about 2 miles out of town, to shoot cans when I was a young teenager.
I carried that rifle on my back with a sling, riding my bicycle, through the middle of town multiple times, passing the fire and police station on the way.
Gasp, no one ever called the swat team on me, or batted an eye for that matter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, they used to. I have my dad's 22lr that was purchased from Sears in 1954, I have the box and the stamp from the post office. The postage was 78 cents.
You could also purchase ammo at about any gas station.
That same rifle, I used to take out into the stripper hills about 2 miles out of town, to shoot cans when I was a young teenager.
I carried that rifle on my back with a sling, riding my bicycle, through the middle of town multiple times, passing the fire and police station on the way.
I tell my coworkers this and they are in shock!

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I ran a trap line before school, so kept a rifle and pistol in the truck at school.
No one ever worried about guns back then, we had common sense.

The football field storage area was a metal building and got birds in it at times.
They would ask for volunteers to use a 22 rifle with rat shot to dispatch the birds.

Reaction score
That was a very different time, a very different reality.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Hasn't California had a spate of walkers killed by mountain lions recently? In which case, open or concealed carry in the wild (if permitted in Cali), might not seem such a bad idea. Bit like Alaska - very few people walk in the woods without at least a .357 magnum because of the bear problem.

Interestingly enough, this happened this week:

Definately looks like a Puma to me when watched in 1080 and looked at up close. Note the long tail and very wide paws.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Rough day taking care of mom (let alone my day job).. but a fun moment when at her cardiologist. After seeing the pacemaker guy and nurse, wheel her into see him and the first thing he says is “like your hat” (US Palm - for those who don’t know of them, company that made quality AK mags and other “stuff”, went out of business and I think last year got bought up by another outfit). I smiled and said I had a “few” of their mags, he grins and says “yeah, me too. Quite a few” ;)

Last edited: