2nd Amendment thread

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a Israeli made Desert Eagle in .50AE that I bought 20+ years ago. I remember taking it to the shooting range and every time I pulled the trigger I was thinking "that a dollar" but today it's more like "that's a Jefferson" :rofl:. Let's hope it's a long time before it becomes "that's a Lincoln". Fun to shoot. Practical? No one ever accused me of being practical but at least I bought the bullets, casings, powder and die set for it. I was thinking at the time I could always get the .44 Mag conversion kit but never got around to it. They are about $500.

Not my video:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
IMHO, the real fun is with blackpowder revolvers. I have a couple of Colt Walker replicas made by an Italian outfit. The Walker was the hand cannon of the blackpowder era. In fact, it was the most powerful repeating firearm from 1847 until 1935 when the .357 Magnum was introduced. That's quite a few years of power dominance. It was meant as a Dragoon (horse mounted soldier) firearm in that the revolver was holstered on the horse, not the human so not very practical as a sidearm. And due to the metallurgy at the time they had some issues with the firearm blowing up with the full 60 grain load so typically they downloaded it from it's original maximum intended load. Of course in the modern era the Italians are using modern steel alloy that can handle the pressures. It's a lot of fun shooting 60 grains of BP and the fireball is fun at night.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
The .44 was relatively easy to shoot. All that weight offset recoil pretty well. Mine was also an IMI gun, Mark VII I recall...
The .50AE DE weighs about 4lbs 6oz (unloaded) which helps keep it under control. Kind of hard to hold that it up for a very long time...LOL! The Walker weighs about 3 oz more than the DE!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Israeli made Desert Eagle in .50AE that I bought 20+ years ago. I remember taking it to the shooting range and every time I pulled the trigger I was thinking "that a dollar" but today it's more like "that's a Jefferson" :rofl:. Let's hope it's a long time before it becomes "that's a Lincoln". Fun to shoot. Practical? No one ever accused me of being practical but at least I bought the bullets, casings, powder and die set for it. I was thinking at the time I could always get the .44 Mag conversion kit but never got around to it. They are about $500.

Not my video:

"I have a Israeli made Desert Eagle in .50AE that I bought 20+ years ago. I remember taking it to the shooting range and every time I pulled the trigger I was thinking "that a dollar" but today it's more like "that's a Jefferson" :rofl:. Let's hope it's a long time before it becomes "that's a Lincoln" "

Soon that's a Bitcoin ..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I recall seeing an after action report of sorts that showed that while he initially took shots at up to 40 yds, he was moving and closing on the target the entire time. Some of the last shots being at less than 10yds.
Still kudos to him for doing what needed to be done. he deserves a huge thank you and praise for what he did.