2022 New Product Plan and Chinese New Year Plan

Reaction score
One of each but that 1st one with radar looks expensive.

It looks like something from a terminator movie. I think it's enough to scare burglars alone on it's own without ever needing to record them.

At least one good thing, radar should be less prone to false tracking. In PIR's it's generally regarded as more resiliant from what I can gather.
Is radar smart enough, though? What if the perp stops behind a tree/car/other object and waits for the camera to return to it's home position and that tree is not in view any longer. Can't the perp just continue on knowing he's no longer being tracked? The obvious answer to this would be spotter cams to cover a situation like that. In theory, you would have IVS setup to trigger the PTZ to pick him/them up again and contrinue tracking. I guess I'll have to look more into how radar tracking would work out. Not that I can afford it.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe I don't understand you fully, but you mean your problem with the Dahua VTO's is that the actual press of the doorbell button on the VTO does not register like a IVS/tripwire (etc.) event on a normal camera would?
I have no experience with the Dahua VTO/VTH's, but I always thought pressing the doorbell button on those VTO's would register just like an IVS event would.
For example, if I would connect the VTO to my Dahua NVR (and record it's camera feed 24/7 and IVS etc.), a doorbell press would show up on the playback timeline but apparently it doesn't?

That is exactly what I am saying. The button press is not an ONVIF event. It is different, somehow, and the VTH is capable of detecting it. It may be fun to do some packet captures to see what's going on with it, butI suspect f it were that easy it would already have been "published" somewhere, like here.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
That is exactly what I am saying. The button press is not an ONVIF event. It is different, somehow, and the VTH is capable of detecting it. It may be fun to do some packet captures to see what's going on with it, butI suspect f it were that easy it would already have been "published" somewhere, like here.

here a few examples where people catch the events external

Or if you already have home assistant running:

its easier than you might think.
if you look into the DahuaVTO.js from the first github link, you see that they use port 5000. To my knowledge this is the onvif event stream port. Blueiris should do the same.. just listen to the stream and if an event occurs, trigger the camera

There might be a problem that this is a special onvif event, which is not included in blue iris or nvr

not sure if you can add custom onvif events to blueiris .. then it would be really easy.
at least you can use the grabbed button press by the script for a trigger easy, there are many examples out there how to do it.

Last edited:

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ah gotcha. I didn't know that. That's indeed weird.

A very rough work-around may be to use IVS of the NVR (or motion detection of Blue Iris) for the VTO with a very large object size.
(simulating a person/hand/finger in close proximity of the VTO's camera).

Not bullet-proof, but it's something...:p

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The button press is the key. There should be a dry output for that but there isn't. Yes, a clone with a large object size would work in BI but that's taking the long way around to get a simple thing done. I'm thinking of cracking my VTO open and see what it looks like inside. I may be able to use a current sensing relay or stuff another micro switch into it to catch the button press. A project for a rainy or snowy day I guess.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
One of each but that 1st one with radar looks expensive.

It looks like something from a terminator movie. I think it's enough to scare burglars alone on it's own without ever needing to record them.

At least one good thing, radar should be less prone to false tracking. In PIR's it's generally regarded as more resiliant from what I can gather.
Yeah, that first one looks a little like RoboCop. I'd like to get one just to scare the neighbors! Let's hope it doesn't have any glitches in it's software.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Guys

We now release the plan for 2022 NEW product line update this week or next week and bring some latest new tech come here.

PTZ
1.Hunter Series with Radar, 40x ZOOM.

View attachment 115384

2. Ultra smart Series 1/1.2cmos 45X zoom.

View attachment 115385
3, 8A PTZ add a new 45X

View attachment 115388

4. A indoor or outdoor MINI Dome PTZ 25X PTZ

View attachment 115389
6.Multi-Sensor

View attachment 115391

7. SMD 4.0 will come soon in 2022 Spring. For the fixed camera, there is no big change.
8 IVD ,
View attachment 115394

View attachment 115392

A parking ANPR 12MP Fisheye camera

View attachment 115396

Andy
the smaller 25x zoom PTZ looks excellent. great size.

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
2. Ultra smart Series 1/1.2cmos 45X zoom.

View attachment 115385

4. A indoor or outdoor MINI Dome PTZ 25X PTZ

View attachment 115389
Andy
I am interested in both of these!

That 4M Mini Dome PTZ looks like the solution I have been looking for in a "Turret style" camera!
The Ultra smart Series 1/1.2 4K/8M PTZ is high on my list as well. The other one with a 1/1.8 sensor just doesn't work well enough at night to be a good solution for me at $1800.

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will the new PTZ cameras be POE+? Are any of these new ones POE++ (802.bt)?

POE+ goes to 30W but, I have seen a couple of similar cameras using proprietary power above POE+ specs. I'm getting ready to buy a new switch and POE++ adds about $250 to the cost so, I'm wanting to make sure I don't end up with a mess of POE Injectors with my new switch OR don't end up spending an extra $250 for a capability I don't need.

TIA, Sid

Reaction score
Will the new PTZ cameras be POE+? Are any of these new ones POE++ (802.bt)?

POE+ goes to 30W but, I have seen a couple of similar cameras using proprietary power above POE+ specs. I'm getting ready to buy a new switch and POE++ adds about $250 to the cost so, I'm wanting to make sure I don't end up with a mess of POE Injectors with my new switch OR don't end up spending an extra $250 for a capability I don't need.

TIA, Sid
Unless you have a very large power budget in a POE++ switch, it is usually better to use a separate POE++ (High POE) power injector.

Something like this:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unless you have a very large power budget in a POE++ switch, it is usually better to use a separate POE++ (High POE) power injector.

Something like this:

I've got 410W of POE+. If it is POE++ due to being over 60W, then I will need something else like you show. I was running too many injectors with a lot of cable clutter so, it was time to cut the number of small switches too and reduce the cable entanglements with a new switch. The real question is whether I should spend an additional ~$250 to add POE++ for a planned PTZ being released early 2nd QTR. On the flip side, a single injector won't be too bad if it is needed but, having everything in a switch would be nice.

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Something like this:

I have one of these. Switch Pro 48 PoE
I’m just getting started with this hobby but my plan is to eventually fill up most of these ports. I plan on only a couple PTZ. 600W should be enough ?

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wish I could still get a Dahua PTZ with the 4/3 sensor, any idea if they will start producing them again? I would say the 4/3 sensor would be hard to beat with no man made light at night.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I wish I could still get a Dahua PTZ with the 4/3 sensor, any idea if they will start producing them again? I would say the 4/3 sensor would be hard to beat with no man made light at night.
Agree for the price 4/3 is the best option. :) Want Dahua to bring back the 4/3 option.