2022 New Product Plan and Chinese New Year Plan

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy,

Is Dahua planning to make a competitive doorbell cam?

• no subscription
  • wifi
  • powered by existing doorbell transformer
  • onvif video stream
  • two-way audio communication via App
This is probably what you're asking for:

Looney made a review earlier. I'm pretty sure Andy said it'll be released end of Januari/ after Chinese New year.

I'm just waiting for the release and then to order it for testing.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This is probably what you're asking for:

Looney made a review earlier. I'm pretty sure Andy said it'll be released end of Januari/ after Chinese New year.

I'm just waiting for the release and then to order it for testing.
Yes, the doorbell , i will first trail selling 10pcs, will collect the bugs, and later make it working as a perfect one. Looney's testing is bit positive.

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any word on if the PTZ mini dome will have auto tracking, what the IR range may be, if it can be mounted vertically, and what the ballpark price point it may come in around?

I'm excited for this one. I was thinking I'd love to get another SD49225XA-HNR before stock runs out, but if this fits the bill I'll hold off.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The problem with the VTO series is that they are designed to work with a VTH. There is no way to grab a button press on the doorbell other than that or the app. It would be great if they'd make that an ONVIF event but then they wouldn't sell very many VTHs.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The problem with the VTO series is that they are designed to work with a VTH. There is no way to grab a button press on the doorbell other than that or the app. It would be great if they'd make that an ONVIF event but then they wouldn't sell very many VTHs.
You mean to connect the VTO to a traditional doorbell? Would that not be possible with one of the alarm outputs on the VTO?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe, but you're still stuck since the alarm events are not on ONVIF that I am aware of. At best you'd need to add an RS485 interface and read that in Blue Iris, or whatever, just to get a regular doorbell to ring.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe, but you're still stuck since the alarm events are not on ONVIF that I am aware of. At best you'd need to add an RS485 interface and read that in Blue Iris, or whatever, just to get a regular doorbell to ring.
Maybe I don't understand you fully, but you mean your problem with the Dahua VTO's is that the actual press of the doorbell button on the VTO does not register like a IVS/tripwire (etc.) event on a normal camera would?
I have no experience with the Dahua VTO/VTH's, but I always thought pressing the doorbell button on those VTO's would register just like an IVS event would.
For example, if I would connect the VTO to my Dahua NVR (and record it's camera feed 24/7 and IVS etc.), a doorbell press would show up on the playback timeline but apparently it doesn't?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
We need to get a sample of the 8MP with the 1/1.2" sensor out for testing. :D Wild_Cat1 or whoever for the test.
One of each but that 1st one with radar looks expensive.

It looks like something from a terminator movie. I think it's enough to scare burglars alone on it's own without ever needing to record them.

At least one good thing, radar should be less prone to false tracking. In PIR's it's generally regarded as more resiliant from what I can gather.