2022 Latest New Dual-Channel Camera

Sim31

n3wb
Reaction score
Im sitting over here waiting patiently for mine to come in :blankstare:... I ordered from Andy a week or two ago this new one also. Im looking forward to seeing Wildcat's opinion and then hopefully mine gets shipped soon so I can throw my thoughts on it out there and see how well it performs.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
This looks interesting.

What's the pricing on these Andy?

One obsrevation from the demo video from Dahua, the picture looks soft especially on the wide angle lens. It maybe some work is needed tweeking these. Awaiting Wildcat's assessment.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@inpetrov yes I am using a test FW now albeit there are still some bugs that I've followed up on. You can keep up with the 7442K1-Z4-T40 review I started HERE. I already have a couple of video uploaded there. I will be updating on the 7842 separately due to some HW issues seen as well.

seabell

n3wb
Reaction score
So much for an accurate spec sheet. Kind of comical, for the weight. Listed as 1,905 g (418.9 lb). Let's see how easy it is for one person to mount this thing.
1,905g is equal to 4.2 of your American pounds. Maybe ask your wife to help?

seabell

n3wb
Reaction score
It's the decimal point, not the conversion. 418.9 lb?
There's just a comma, routinely used a separator for thousands. e.g. One million is commonly written as 1,000,000
One thousand nine hundred and five grams is four point two pounds avoirdupois.

seabell

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh dear. Maybe this is why the US, Myanmar and Liberia can't adapt to metric - it's just too confusing!
Not trying to be rude (much), but was hoping to help.
Nothing's in the wrong place in this example.

Reaction score
Oh dear. Maybe this is why the US, Myanmar and Liberia can't adapt to metric - it's just too confusing!
Not trying to be rude (much), but was hoping to help.
Nothing's in the wrong place in this example.
Actually, I know conversions from metric to avoirdupois (English). And you are correct in saying 1,905 Grams is equal (roughly) to 4.2 Lb.

This is what is printed on Andy's linked Data sheet from Dahua - Net Weight 1,905 g (418.9 lb)

Now, can you tell me you don't see something grossly wrong with the spec sheet?

seabell

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, I know conversions from metric to avoirdupois (English). And you are correct in saying 1,905 Grams is equal (roughly) to 4.2 Lb.

This is what is printed on Andy's linked Data sheet from Dahua - Net Weight 1,905 g (418.9 lb)

Now, can you tell me you don't see something grossly wrong with the spec sheet?
TBH, I only really looked at the spec sheet after this latest post of yours, and you are quite right. I humbly apologise for misinterpreting what I thought was your mis-conversion.
It seems that it's China that needs a little help - though at least they got the metric side correct.

Reaction score
TBH, I only really looked at the spec sheet after this latest post of yours, and you are quite right. I humbly apologise for misinterpreting what I thought was your mis-conversion.
It seems that it's China that needs a little help - though at least they got the metric side correct.
We all make mistakes. Especially Dahua on their spec sheets. Notice both the NET and GROSS weights, have the decimal point in the wrong place. Looks like Dahua doesn't employ Proofreaders.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can understand the , instead of .
and colour instead of color
even chips instead of french fries

but, please start driving on the right side of the road!

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@inpetrov yes I am using a test FW now albeit there are still some bugs that I've followed up on. You can keep up with the 7442K1-Z4-T40 review I started HERE. I already have a couple of video uploaded there. I will be updating on the 7842 separately due to some HW issues seen as well.
Quick update. I started the day time capture today for this one and will be bringing the footage from multiple cams into the editor so I can start getting that video ready in the review thread.