2021 Full Color 2.0 Has a Fantastic New Dual Lens Camera

wrx5

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

You night time testing is done where there is a light around such as street light, signage light, building lights etc. Are you able to test it in the area where moon light is the only light source? My cameras monitoring around the house doesn't perform well at night (just moon light) so I wonder if these news cameras will have any good results.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

You night time testing is done where there is a light around such as street light, signage light, building lights etc. Are you able to test it in the area where moon light is the only light source? My cameras monitoring around the house doesn't perform well at night (just moon light) so I wonder if these news cameras will have any good results.
Look at the reviews in other threads, including the new 4K camera on the 1/1.2" sensor.

ALL cameras need light at night. Simple physics. Marketing a camera as low light and full color doesn't change that fact.

Unless you know you have enough ambient light or can live with the camera's white LED on, go with a camera that can see infrared. The full color type cameras cannot see infrared, so you couldn't add external IR later.

But in a completely black situation without any ambient light and without the white LED on, it looks like crap and you cannot add external IR as it won't see it.

Here is the newest 4k camera, that is absolutely incredible with just a little bit of light, including the LED on the camera, but with nothing turned on and a cloudy night, it is dark. And you will not have full moon light every night. You need to select a camera for the worse case scenario.

1630543238023.png

But with just the LED light of the camera, it makes a big difference (and the LED isn't very bright):

1630543268272.png

wrx5

n3wb
Reaction score
My cameras are IPC-HDW2831T-ZAS-S2 (something like that) so I used to get ghost image at night, I installed LED light at drive way, now I get full color good quality image at night. I think I need to do that all around the house.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My cameras are IPC-HDW2831T-ZAS-S2 (something like that) so I used to get ghost image at night, I installed LED light at drive way, now I get full color good quality image at night. I think I need to do that all around the house.
Yes, good quality lighting or IR is a must.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
all cams love good light, esp the cheap 4K cams on the market. Full color need some light, moon light will be good, but too dark no camera can work without IR or LED light.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I get Looney a sample, he tested 2mp before. ;)
Don't forget this camera mainly for nearby watching, mainly for indoor as a 180 degress cam. 1/1,8cmos will push the price bit higher, i tested this cam, pic is bit good.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have two of the 2MP booby cam. Great camera when used in the correct place, like an overview camera or for objects within 15 feet.

Mine work great as an overview camera on diagonal corners of the house. Can see my whole property lol.

Hopefully they put in a better CPU so that you can run IVS on both cameras at the same time - the spec sheet says you can run both at the same time. That is my only complaint about the 2MP version.

Last edited: