2021 April Dahua Full Color Camera

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I think we also have to give Dahua and Andy big credit for allowing an independent and unbiased person such as Wildcat_1 to thoroughly go through these new cameras that Dahua is putting out on the market. It can only help them make a better product. :clap: :clap::clap:
Yes Definately, Thank you so much to Andy always for pushing Dahua to listen to customers :) and Dahua for working on these areas of improvement.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a night picture from my 4K Dahua camera. Any comments from the experts on any adjustments to make let me know. By the way this camera is way, way better than the one it replaced.

View attachment 92015
Well if you ever need help @Parley you know I’m always here for you if you want me to jump on and take a look some time

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Can share you a daytime pic, 1st one is from dahua, 2nd one is from hik,
hik has too white on the pics, make the floor lost the real color. . The whole pic from hik is more brighter than dahua. Night pics dahua still adjusting on it, will have a beta firmware for testing next week, will see it. Sure colorvu and latest dahua 4k Full color cams are great cams. :cool:

View attachment 91934

View attachment 91935
Thanks.

Obviously too early to decide without proper testing but one thing I notice on the hik is with the motorbike with the red helmet on the seat and the yellow number plate in the left hand shed, you can see some sharp black numbers on the plate (obviously too small in this size pic / view to make them out), whereas in the Dahua one top, on the same bike, the yellow plate is just a yellow blur with no discernable writing.

Looking too at the cross hatching, the lines are sharper on the Hik as is the writing on the signs on the roof of the 2 sheds surround the passageway between.

Overall too early to tell without your testers opinions, but I'm still leaning towards the Hik as the winner here.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup that no light should be what I'm after.

Just alot of people that post videos on here have alot of light from neighbours and street lights. So good to know your no light test truely has no ambient light.

Where I am id say the majority of people have zero ambient lighting. Basically worse case scenario for a camera.
I always say you can never get too dark with the testing! The way I look at is however it performs in the darkest situation will only get better when you throw some light in there. So the winner in the total dark usually equals the winner with some ambient light added. I dare say there's the odd camera that doesn't obey the rule, but always seems a good rule of thumb.

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I always say you can never get too dark with the testing! The way I look at is however it performs in the darkest situation will only get better when you throw some light in there. So the winner in the total dark usually equals the winner with some ambient light added. I dare say there's the odd camera that doesn't obey the rule, but always seems a good rule of thumb.
Ya that's my opinion too.

Ideally I would prefer to see all night testing that isn't in total darkness have a lux reading so that we know just how much light there is. It would make it alot easier to compare between different tests.

I was planning on doing some testing like that. I'm just so swamped with work though I haven't had time to put anything together. Thorough testing is an incredibly time consuming task.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, it is amazing how many NOOB come here and are concerned about the daytime performance.

I stress a lot that you buy a camera for the worse case scenario, which for most will be the dark nighttime.

We see a lot "but won't the 8MP on the 1/2.8" sensor look better in the daytime than a 2MP on the 1/2.8" sensor" and the answer is yes in bright sunlight, but at night without enough light, the 2MP will outperform the 8MP. I will take lower MP in the daytime and be able to get clean captures at night than a slightly better daytime image and no clean captures at night!

It is much easier to take a camera that can do well in the night time and dial it in for daytime than it is to take a camera that does well in the day time and do the same for night time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@tech101 - any chance you got that 2MP 1/1.8" sensor bad boy installed yet with some comparable video between that and one of your other beast cameras?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
@tech101 - any chance you got that 2MP 1/1.8" sensor bad boy installed yet with some comparable video between that and one of your other beast cameras?
Just got done installing the 1 1.8 today. I will try to point Both the laser 1 1.8 4mp and the 2mp 1 1.8 at same area with same setting tonight :)

Will force it to stay on color as well.

1623635386282.png

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So These are the setting on both cameras.
2021-06-13 21_27_07-Setting - Internet Explorer.png2021-06-13 21_27_15-Setting - Internet Explorer.png
The first one is 1 1.8 4mp and the second one is 1 1.8 at 2mp. I am forcing both of the cameras to stay in color mode.

I dont think there is enough light for color to captrue still plates but still 2mp have an advantage over 4mp. Will try Shutter between 4 and 10 next.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
@tech101 , you might try manual/ custom range. I’ve never had much luck with shutter priority as I believe it allows Gain to run amuck, and the 4MP seems to produce more noise to begin with.

But yeah, the 2MP seems to allow more light as we had guessed it would.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Winner is 2mp but not a lot of difference.

Colour balance is out on the 4mp camera, needs a slight adjustment to remove the green tinge.

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to use either but would gravitate towards the 4mp simply for detail retreival.