Zmodo zp-nj18-s replacement

Reaction score
Thank you in advance for entertaining my post.

We have a client that has a ZMODO zp-nj18-s NVR that just went bad. We haven't been able to find any replacements anywhere'
  • Does anyone know where we can find a replacement unit?
  • Most favorable, can we nix the zmodo nvr, install a PoE injector [switch], and run the cameras with BlueIris?

Please advise. Thank you in advance!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Those cams and the NVR use Zmodo's proprietary sPOE (simplified POE) which is very different from genuine POE that conforms to 802.3af specs.
It's about 15 to 19 volts, is passive and is carried on non-conforming pins of the CAT cable; it uses 4 of the 8 conductors; 2 for power 2 for TX and RX. It's really something to be avoided. See image below.

I have used Zmodo sPOE cams on BI but the cams were powered by the Zmodo sPOE NVR and the NVR streams to BI via RTSP, as below.

I have no idea where a replacement Zmodo sPOE NVR can be found; likely on fleaBay.

Zmodo_SPOE_pinout.jpg zmodo_123153.jpg

NOTE: if you used their supplied Ethernet cables, most of those were only 2 pairs, not 4, and will also need to be replaced if that's the case. Which, by the way, could very well be CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum) instead of solid, pure copper. CCA is a big no-no, especially for POE.

Last edited: