Zerotier Blue Iris

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have installed Zerotier I've changed options web server on BI to the new new network adaptor and restarted it. I've installed Zerotier on my phone and downloaded app. Put the ip address I got from Zero Tier phyical address on the BI PC as Lan and the Zerotier Managed IP as WAN put in user password and name. I can access the webserver on the actual BI pc but not on my mobile.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have installed Zerotier I've changed options web server on BI to the new new network adaptor and restarted it
But have you restarted the BI server as the LAST step since you "....Put the ip address I got from Zero Tier phyical address on the BI PC as Lan and the Zerotier Managed IP as WAN put in user password and name. " ??

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have restarted the PC and closed and re-opened the BI software. But still won't connect. Just says retrying.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Make sure that you have logged back into my.zerotier.com and that both pc and phone have been Authorized.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If it’s like Tailscale have you tried using the dns address that gets configured?

I have Tailscale and using the dns address automatically enables the vpn and allows me to connect.

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If it’s like Tailscale have you tried using the dns address that gets configured?

I have Tailscale and using the dns address automatically enables the vpn and allows me to connect.
Not sure - On my iphone it's auto on but computers to access webserver I use PC after connecting and it doesn't work. But the ip address server works on the BI PC but obviously that isn't much help as that already has the BI software on it. But one reason I wanted this software was so I could access it from other locations

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
There’s an option in BI to bind to only a single ip/adapter, check to see how that is set?

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The video I saw said make sure you untick this box so I didn't think to try that. See if it works I guess

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The video I saw said make sure you untick this box so I didn't think to try that. See if it works I guess
Yes you need to make sure that the BI web service will bond to multiple ip/adapters so that the web service is available on both the local ip but also the zerotier virtual adapter.

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
still can't connect. Anything else? I've done it via a YouTube guide. Do you have another guide I could follow?

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you adding the :81 to the end of your ZT ip address (default BI port or other if you changed it)

Try Tailscale. I use both daily but Zerotier gives me trouble at times. Example, today when checking on a friends BI PC, Zerotier failed after working fine for over a week so I used Tailscale. A couple hours later ZT worked again.

Last edited: