Youtube going hardcore...

I wonder how they enforce that? If it's cookies, it's easy to get around. If not cookies, they run the risk of incorrect system identification. Is there some other system that's accurate and not easy to defeat?

I wonder how they enforce that? If it's cookies, it's easy to get around. If not cookies, they run the risk of incorrect system identification. Is there some other system that's accurate and not easy to defeat?
Primarily it is be adblocker detection, then connecting that to a google/youtube account.

I find that Ad blocker detection from non-Chrome browsers seems to be effective.

I presume a block would be based on your Youtube/Google account, those signed out can just clear cookies and reload :P.

Reactions: tech101
I find that Ad blocker detection from non-Chrome browsers seems to be effective.

I presume a block would be based on your Youtube/Google account, those signed out can just clear cookies and reload :p.

constant battle going on .. youtube vs ad blockers ..

Funny how YouTube does not share ad revenue with multiple channels I subscribe to . . . but insists on inserting its garbage ads. I've already cut down considerably on watching stuff there in the last week. I'm not going to disable the ad blockers I'm using.

Ad Blockers are at full war now with Youtube.
I got mine set to auto update it's definitions every 30min to keep on top of it. No warning messages since changing update frequency.

First & only message I've seen is the Ad Block warning, not the 3 strikes and Youtube won't load warning.

uBlock Origin still seems to work, only had that YouTube message pop up once
That is what I have been using. I was reading that others did not just have access to playing videos blocked, some are also reporting that their ACCOUNTS were blocked and they could no longer use youtube with their user account. Too risky for me, as I need to use it for work. Once the dust settles and the adblockers WIN again, I will re-enable and skip the bullshit ads.

Reactions: mat200 and Mark_M
one word - reVanced

DuckDuckGo says it has blocked 1,440 tracking attempts by Google on my computer in the last twenty-four hours . . . that's more blocks than the next sixteen highest-count offenders put together. :rolleyes:

I use YouTube apps that block ads within the app on my mobile devices and smart TVs. So far I haven't had any problems with them. They still block ads effectively and I haven't gotten any warnings or notifications from Google about using them. Hopefully that trend continues for a long time.

I use YouTube apps that block ads within the app on my mobile devices and smart TVs. So far I haven't had any problems with them. They still block ads effectively and I haven't gotten any warnings or notifications from Google about using them. Hopefully that trend continues for a long time.

Hi @The Automation Guy

What apps do you recommend for mobile and smart TVs ?

Thanks

Reactions: looney2ns
DuckDuckGo says it has blocked 1,440 tracking attempts by Google on my computer in the last twenty-four hours . . . that's more blocks than the next sixteen highest-count offenders put together. :rolleyes:
A number of those probably come from this forum :P.

1699138835404.png

i am still using modified youtube apk (revanced).

one good reason not using iOS.
and its better than youtube premium. you can hide all bullshit you dont want/need.

Reactions: mat200