Youtube going hardcore...

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I find that Ad blocker detection from non-Chrome browsers seems to be effective.

I presume a block would be based on your Youtube/Google account, those signed out can just clear cookies and reload :p.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Funny how YouTube does not share ad revenue with multiple channels I subscribe to . . . but insists on inserting its garbage ads. I've already cut down considerably on watching stuff there in the last week. I'm not going to disable the ad blockers I'm using.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ad Blockers are at full war now with Youtube.
I got mine set to auto update it's definitions every 30min to keep on top of it. No warning messages since changing update frequency.

First & only message I've seen is the Ad Block warning, not the 3 strikes and Youtube won't load warning.

Reaction score
uBlock Origin still seems to work, only had that YouTube message pop up once
That is what I have been using. I was reading that others did not just have access to playing videos blocked, some are also reporting that their ACCOUNTS were blocked and they could no longer use youtube with their user account. Too risky for me, as I need to use it for work. Once the dust settles and the adblockers WIN again, I will re-enable and skip the bullshit ads.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This is one of YouTube's Datacenters going hardcore,

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I use YouTube apps that block ads within the app on my mobile devices and smart TVs. So far I haven't had any problems with them. They still block ads effectively and I haven't gotten any warnings or notifications from Google about using them. Hopefully that trend continues for a long time.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use YouTube apps that block ads within the app on my mobile devices and smart TVs. So far I haven't had any problems with them. They still block ads effectively and I haven't gotten any warnings or notifications from Google about using them. Hopefully that trend continues for a long time.
Hi @The Automation Guy

What apps do you recommend for mobile and smart TVs ?

Thanks

mike32162

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Brave browser, default install, both mobile & desktop.
No issues at all.
Only drawback is I can't cast to TV.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i am still using modified youtube apk (revanced).

one good reason not using iOS.
and its better than youtube premium. you can hide all bullshit you dont want/need.