YOLO v8 issue with Coral TPU

mailseth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

jjj111

n3wb
Reaction score
@mailseth yeah I'd seen those, but the problem is that it seems like there's a bunch of people trying to figure out how to load custom models in codeproject.ai for using those -- there's even a post on their forum from an hour ago where a team member says "Unfortunately, custom models for Coral are not currently supported."

Would you mind sharing how you were able to accomplish using that pre-release model?

mailseth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm actually running these tests with the objectdetection_coral_mulitpu.py file on the CLI, independent of most of the rest of CPAI. It's just calling the tpu_runner.py file for my local testing purposes. (I don't even have the CPAI server running on my machine right now.)

So I'm running the pre-release model simply by specifying it as an option to objectdetection_coral_mulitpu.py, but unfortunately it's not going to be a very useful method for anyone else here.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

mailseth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Possibly. I found it has a CPU-only instruction midway through the model so it doesn’t run as well as you’d think it should. Everything after that instruction ends up also being CPU-only. (Unless you’re running multi-TPUs, because then you can run the remaining instructions on the next TPU segment.)