Yet Another Vehicle on the Green Belt

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Happens every 2-3 weeks or so. And, for @TonyR it has music! :rofl: :rofl: :facepalm:

The green belt has a faux red brick crosswalk leading to it that somehow folks mistake for a road, instead of the paved road two feet away.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, proof-positive you can't fix stupid. Made some nice ruts in the dirt/grass area.

IMO, the town/city/county needs to put in some big ass 4" concrete-filled bollards, at least 2 at each end or where ever there's a possible entry/exit point; they need to be installed so the drivers just won't go around them, too.

They can be spaced so as to allow pedestrians and bicycles but not vehicles. They should have 3 horizontal bands of 2" 3M High-reflectivity tape and appropriate signs (for legal reasons).

Left one: GOOD as far as spacing goes. Right one: NOT GOOD; can be gone around
Manassas-Trail-Bollards-2-676x266.png

Last edited:

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These people are just dumb, not malicious, when driving on the green belt. Where they turn onto it is a faux red brick crosswalk that is 12' wide with 1' wide white stripes on each side of it, indicating a crosswalk. They have to go between a power pole and a light pole, up over the handicap ramp with the little bumps on it. While the paved, one way street is immediately adjacent to the sidewalk. It is mind boggling to me. But, "you can't fix stupid" as @TonyR said. My wife says they will fix it, but it may be after the kid with headphones gets run over...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These people are just dumb, not malicious, when driving on the green belt.
They have to drive over the bicycle painted on the trail, then, it's barely wide enough to drive on.
Stupid people are everywhere...stupidity has no geographic, political, ethnic or racial boundaries.
One thing they are good at though, is procreation.....and at an alarming rate, I might add...and all too often the stupid gene is passed on to the offspring.
Just my opinion, I have no real scientific proof. :blankstare: