YCC 365 Cloud Cam - Static IP - Time Change - Config

OzDrDj

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been mucking around with Wifi cameras for years now, trying to get things just right.
Finally i have found some WiFi cams that seem to work. Set up with the YCC365 app and able to view on iSpy pc software.
I do have a couple of problems that I am hoping someone here may know the answer to.
1st Is there a way to set a Static IP address on the Camera? If there is a power out or a router reset, the IP address changes and ispy need to be reset. which can be painful.
2nd is there a way to adjust the time, again can't find it in the app, and If i switch my time to Sydney Australia it tells me the time 10 hours behind. Not a big problem, but messes with my head.
which brings me to 3> Is there some sort of Config software i can use to access the camera from my PC to adjust things like time, static IP and perhaps even Firmware download and update?
Thanks In Advance.
OzDrDj

OzDrDj

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi YrbkMgr,
It is an Unbranded IP Camera, They are supposed to run on the Tuya system but as for a brand, hmmm who knows.
In the olden days of IP Cameras, yeah, type in the IP address and up came a menu and you could make them do everything you want.
Now every manufacturer seems to have gone the way of the Phone.
These are the first Cameras i have seen in a long long time that work on a pc. And I have tried a few different models.
So yeah, Typing the IP address into the browser only gets me "Didn't send any data, empty response"
The cameras work on the YCC365 app and come in a box labeled cloud cam.
Thus why i am looking for some sort of Config App.
Cheers

269727403_264528335769670_3173551252021715434_n.jpg
(Some of the previous disasters)

Last edited:

Steffano

n3wb
Reaction score
1st Is there a way to set a Static IP address on the Camera? If there is a power out or a router reset, the IP address changes and ispy need to be reset. which can be painful.
I have the same problem. The native firmware that comes with these cheap cams does not support static IPs unfortunately. You can however (in theory) use what is known as, "DHCP Reservation" which assigns an IP to the MAC address of the device. This can be done from your routers' firmware. TPlink routers make this easy however Dlink (my router) has now updated their firmware which has totally confused matters so I haven't yet had any success in this approach although I havn't really invested much effort as I just use VLC to cycle through a range of Onvif RTSP links. Anyway, here's a link to an article that explains the general approach, each router manufacturer will differ tho. Best of luck!

2nd is there a way to adjust the time, again can't find it in the app,
This should be done when setting up the camera (if I'm not mistaken). May vary from camera to camera tho.

Last edited:

OzDrDj

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi There Steffano,
Yes, The firmware on these cameras has gone to the pack. Every little camera seller has decided People only use phones, so everything is geared to Phones.
I have found however a new brand of camera, "IMOU". Reasonable priced, Good Quality, Works with computer or phone, Good tools available to work with your camera and the company is pretty easy to get on with and actually answer emails.
I reccomend them if changing cameras.
Cheers
OzDrDj

Steffano

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome, happy you managed to find a solution and also appreciate the heads up about that brand, I'll look into them but will only purchase cameras that support RTSP or ONVIF. I'm horribly disappointed to find that my newly purchased EZVIZ camera (C8C) does not support this so I'll be returning it for a full refund. It does however have DHCP within the advanced settings but it's obviously still one of those china brands that's forcing us to use their platforms and pushing for us to buy their cloud storage... What a dirty, infuriating trick!! On paper it looks great tho, check it out if you like. EZVIZ C8C - Outdoor Smart Wi-Fi Pan & Tilt Camera

OzDrDj

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a note, The IMOU does support ONVIF, I use these cameras with iSpy surveilance software on my PC and they function great. Including PTZ and two way audio etc.

OzDrDj

n3wb
Reaction score
OH, another note, The company did update the firmware 2 weeks ago, This update encrypted the ONVIF, supposedly for security purposes, and stopped it working with iSpy, However, after an email or 2 to the Manufacturer I was able to obtain the previous firmware and update the camera, so it all works fine again.
I suspect this update was more for the purposes of pushing cloud storage, a cheap trick to be sure, but at least we sorted it out.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Awesome, happy you managed to find a solution and also appreciate the heads up about that brand, I'll look into them but will only purchase cameras that support RTSP or ONVIF. I'm horribly disappointed to find that my newly purchased EZVIZ camera (C8C) does not support this so I'll be returning it for a full refund. It does however have DHCP within the advanced settings but it's obviously still one of those china brands that's forcing us to use their platforms and pushing for us to buy their cloud storage... What a dirty, infuriating trick!! On paper it looks great tho, check it out if you like. EZVIZ C8C - Outdoor Smart Wi-Fi Pan & Tilt Camera
Is that the C8C only? I have C3N and some other C models and all support RTSP. All work great on BI with the rtsp stream, also find the ezviz studio for windows has good features. Just about to buy another 2 C3N cams as for the price I think they do a good job