Wyze Cam - Usable with Blue Iris?

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just updated the firmware on my Wyze cam with hopes that the issues would be resolved. I was unable to get the camera to work on blue iris so i tried to pull up the stream in VLC. The stream immediately started and then I go back to BI and its working there too. For some reason BI will only pull the stream if I start it in VLC. After its working in BI I can stop VLC and it continues to work.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just updated the firmware on my Wyze cam with hopes that the issues would be resolved. I was unable to get the camera to work on blue iris so i tried to pull up the stream in VLC. The stream immediately started and then I go back to BI and its working there too. For some reason BI will only pull the stream if I start it in VLC. After its working in BI I can stop VLC and it continues to work.
You have to make sure you use the V2 beta firmware. It has resolved all issues for me.

The wyze page is a bit confusing at the 1st link in the instructions is to the older firmware, and the one at the bottom of the page is the newer one. I think this is the one you want,

https://wyze.com/firmware/demo_V2_beta2.zip

rtfclb8

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @greg_mitch I downloaded that version and it was v4.28.4.40 so I went back to Wyze site and grabbed the https://wyze.com/firmware/demo_V2_RTSP_4.28.4.41.bin version under the beta section. Still wont work with BI for me unless i fire it up in VLC first. Not a big deal as this is just a play camera for me.
View attachment 45249
Did you go into the app and turn on RTSP? Also you need to rename the file to demo.bin.
Worked for both the V2 and Pan cameras.

asanjuan1

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you get it to work in BI?

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not the OP, but also had the same issue. This seemed to happen quite frequently with v1 of the beta firmware.

Wyze is on v3 now, and RTSP streams seem to have stabilized. Working great with BI

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Still flaky for me as well. Have to restart through VLC or the app and it will pick up for about a day. Why is this so hard for them to figure out?

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh, wow. Even on V3 of the Beta firmware?

I did have the VLC restart issue on V1, but after changing to V2 it's been rock solid. Because it's been stable, I didn't bother to update to V3.

lulu

n3wb
Reaction score

I did have the VLC restart issue on V1, but after changing to V2 it's been rock solid. Because it's been stable, I didn't bother to update to V3.
Do you have the link to the V2 FW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I am on V2 Beta 2 (4.28.4.40). Where is the Beta 3 located?

There forum and organization for the beta firmware is absolute trash. Why don't they just keep updating the top post???!?!?!

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oops, I mistyped earlier. There is no beta 3. After beta v2 came RC1 which I linked about 5 posts up from here. I still haven't tried it yet.

I don't know why they don't just update the top post. Agree its an annoyance, but for a $35 camera which didn't officially support RTSP in the first place, I don't really mind.

At the end of the day, I don't expect it to be as stable as any of my wired cams. This is more like a play camera.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oops, I mistyped earlier. There is no beta 3. After beta v2 came RC1 which I linked about 5 posts up from here. I still haven't tried it yet.

I don't know why they don't just update the top post. Agree its an annoyance, but for a $35 camera which didn't officially support RTSP in the first place, I don't really mind.

At the end of the day, I don't expect it to be as stable as any of my wired cams. This is more like a play camera.
Yes, I probably over reacted with the multiple question and exclamation points. I did find the next version in the forum.

https://wyze.com/firmware/demo_V2_RTSP_4.28.4.41.bin?fbclid=IwAR01pAbGw0hwxBiQ4PIT8Q89kE5JrUGFAnkAWWPCaJmapJ7eBvg-4HRGHYY

Will try it this week.

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh, forgot one thing. I noticed BI hardware decode doesn't seem to play nice with the wyze RTSP feed.

If it doesn't connect properly, try disabling hardware accelerated decode in Blue Iris.

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you set hardware accelerated decode to "no?" The settings in the screenshot above have it on ("default" = on for most systems)