Wyze 3 - RTSP Support

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
It's very sharp as a static image at times but shows lots of noise in the image at other times. Kind of shifts back and forth. Then it loses it completely and starts showing the larger artifacts like that. Like it's struggling to maintain the color image. I've had two different V3 cams there and both did the same.

It's actually near completely dark there. The lights that you see are very dim. Porch light is only a ~7 watt equivalent LED. Basically a night light showing in the window. Pond lights are small little LEDs under the water that just make the pond glow. Cam makes them all look much much brighter. WiFi signal there is great. I have an external directional AP that I can pick up streets away pointed right at it. Inside the same shed where that's mounted and using IR, it works fine. None of the same effect. Crystal clear.

I'll put it into IR tonight to show the difference.

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Much better in IR mode. Little noise and none of the same artifacts popping up.

WyzeV3IR.PNG

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to try this and haven't been successful. How long do you have to press the setup button for?? As I never ever see the purple color show up and it ultimately goes into setup mode. There were comments the update needed a 32 GB Micro SD card which I have none on hand.

Only 64 / 128 / 256GB . . .

Tried them all including formatting even the new ones still No Joy :banghead:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Not that long. I didn't have any trouble with that for any of mine but I used the 32GB cards that came with the cams. I have seen others on their forums complaining about the same with various cards.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess another thing to check is that you're using the right file. I believe that when I did it I extracted the .zip file and then just moved the right .bin file to the card.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess another thing to check is that you're using the right file. I believe that when I did it I extracted the .zip file and then just moved the right .bin file to the card.
Yes, I read from past (older) threads the original file was mislabeled to not being placed in the root directory. I downloaded the v3 firmware from the official Wyze support page. After the file was unzipped it was just dropped into a brand new Micro SD card.

No joy . . . :(

After watching a few videos I timed the button press to mimic what appeared to be 8 seconds. I've tried from just a cold boot and not pressing anything to see if something different would happen. To powering up the unit while pressing the setup button and holding it from anywhere from 1~15 seconds or when the system began to speak. :banghead:

I'm going to see if there's a 32 GB card anywhere in the house before I break down and order one. :angry:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, I read from past (older) threads the original file was mislabeled to not being placed in the root directory. I downloaded the v3 firmware from the official Wyze support page. After the file was unzipped it was just dropped into a brand new Micro SD card.

No joy . . . :(
Just as a double check, I show a file named demo_wcv3.bin @ 9,477KB uncompressed.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Formatting the card as FAT32?

I'm grasping to try help avoid buying another card. ; )

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Formatting the card as FAT32?

I'm grasping to try help avoid buying another card. ; )
LOL we think a like :headbang: Been trying to format one of the 64 GB cards for about an hour without much success via command line this afternoon. System keeps saying the virtual volume is too large to format from exFAT to FAT32. :angry: :banghead:

I'm going to fire up an old Windows 7 Ultimate to see if the FAT32 format option is available for selection. In Windows 10 that isn't an option to be selected nor does it seem to work via the command line. :mad:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, don't think 10 gives you that option for > 32GB. There are some utilities that you can download that should do it. I don't recall now why I had to do that once or which I used but I know that I found one that would.

Maybe partition it to 32GB and try that? I don't have a spare card to try that.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Another useful function for the Wyze cams - browser-based viewing. Kind of like UI3 for Wyze cams but not remotely as good. Requires a CamPlus subscription. Will not work if cams are blocked (obviously).

Login using the following link:

Last edited: