WTS WTS: Dahua Starlight Varifocal BulletI PC-HFW5231E-Z with PFA21 Junction: $150 Shipped

Reaction score
This was purchased from Andy. It's been opened, tested and works perfectly. It was never installed in my home and I've decided to switch from Blue Iris to an outdoor Nest Cam for simplicity.

It includes the compatible junction box and all the unopened screws, etc.

It's running the latest firmware and will be factory reset for the buyer.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. DM if you would like to see my eBay/Swappa feedback - I've got a 100 rating across the networks.

Haven't listed yet, but I'll be selling a turret. That has been used, albeit under an porch roof, so still in great shape.

Attachments

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This was purchased from Andy. It's been opened, tested and works perfectly. It was never installed in my home and I've decided to switch from Blue Iris to an outdoor Nest Cam for simplicity.

It includes the compatible junction box and all the unopened screws, etc.

It's running the latest firmware and will be factory reset for the buyer.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. DM if you would like to see my eBay/Swappa feedback - I've got a 100 rating across the networks.

Haven't listed yet, but I'll be selling a turret. That has been used, albeit under an porch roof, so still in great shape.
Hi Ipcamshopper,

would be interested to see a comparison between the nest cam outdoor image at night and the turret you plan to sell.

Reaction score
Hi Ipcamshopper,

would be interested to see a comparison between the nest cam outdoor image at night and the turret you plan to sell.
I've yet to purchase and deploy the Nest cams outdoors. I have one inside, the thermostats and likely picking up their alarm system. I'm ok if they are not up to par with the turret (which offers amazing quality). I'm tired of Blue Iris.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've yet to purchase and deploy the Nest cams outdoors. I have one inside, the thermostats and likely picking up their alarm system. I'm ok if they are not up to par with the turret (which offers amazing quality). I'm tired of Blue Iris.
Hi Ipcamshopper,

Curious, What is it about Blue Iris that you find problematic?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
lol, nest is utter crap..you know there are other vms option other than blue iris (which is exceptional)...nest is for suckers and cannot even perform basic tasks like display live video 24/7 among others...for the price of nest you could have a professional install starlights and something like digital watchdog...instead you are paying a perpetual sucker/stupid tax to nest for their inferior product...

Reaction score
I appreciate all the replies. I don't necessarily disagree with a lot of the thoughts shared. You do pay a Nest tax (similar to Apple tax) for what will likely be lower quality than my current Dahua. I'm trading quality for simplicity. I don't need the advanced features of BI and don't want the hassle of running, maintaining a PC or NVR.

I'm not making the move until my cam sells, so.. I'll play around until it moves and I migrate to Nest.

Hoping at this price it moves.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the replies. I don't necessarily disagree with a lot of the thoughts shared. You do pay a Nest tax (similar to Apple tax) for what will likely be lower quality than my current Dahua. I'm trading quality for simplicity. I don't need the advanced features of BI and don't want the hassle of running, maintaining a PC or NVR.

I'm not making the move until my cam sells, so.. I'll play around until it moves and I migrate to Nest.

There is ZERO hassle in maintaining a pc or nvr, zero...you dont have to update or upgrade anything if you dont want to...
like I said, for the cost of nest, you can pay a professional to maintain your system for life if you are to lazy to...the nest tax unlike the apple tax is in perpetuity...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

HI ipcamshopper,

From my experience:
Once you have the system setup ( in my case Dahua OEM NVR + Dahua OEM cameras ) there is very little work you need to do if you keep the system isolated from the internet. ( that is you do not need to update any software at all )

Yes, learning how to and setting it up does take some time. Then again, it takes a bit of time to figure out the cloud cameras also - even if they have simple user interfaces.

Bubs

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Which turret are you selling and how much are you asking for it

Reaction score
Which turret are you selling and how much are you asking for it
I will be selling a
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z) with junction box. I haven't removed it yet or set a price. Hoping to move this bullet first.

Reaction score
Just picked up my Nest Outdoor cams, so lowering the price on this camera + junction box to $150 shipped (via PayPal - must have verified address).

Bubs

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z) with junction box. for sale and if so how much

Reaction score
I'm only selling the bullet with junction box. Both are $150 shipped and still available.