Would like help with Net Time

Reaction score
I installed Net Time on the BI computer and am pointing the cameras to its IP address. However, the camera time is not updating.

I turned off Windows Time Service and have confirmed that Net Time can reach the Internet. I checked the box to allow other computers to get their time from Net Time.

IMG_0221.jpeg

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Dumb question, but are your cameras also on the 192.168.0.X subnet?

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Another dumb question, and I only ask because I did something similar the other day, have you played around with the firewall and/or VLAN settings etc recently?

(I changed my WiFi network to be more isolated, or equivalent to a guest hotspot, and there appeared to be no problems. It wasn't until days later I noticed I couldn't access BI from my phone, in my house, on my Wifi network. I turned off the WiFi on the phone, back to mobile data, turned on the VPN (Unifi Teleport method) and was able to access BI. It then dawned on me that isolating the Wifi network didn't allow me to cross over to my BI network; anyway problem resolved.)

As an aside, my Nettime settings are set that if it's more than 2 seconds then update the time. The check is done every 1 hr. The cameras check the time every 10 mins.

Reaction score
Thanks for the Windows Defender info. I turned the firewall off for private networks and the cameras are updating their time.

Now, I will turn the firewall back on and drill down to allow the cameras in.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FWIW, there is a good chance the router that is controlling the network has the ability to enable an NTP server already built in to the stock firmware. It's a common feature on routers for the last 15years or so. The big advantage of router based NTP is it is always available; in this case it also eliminates having to add holes to windows firewall as well.