Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful reply. I did the one suggestion back when I first had this trouble, and it worked, but then I assume another update changed it back again. Ha ha, a Mac user all his life trying to navigate a PC with Windows is like driving in San Francisco. You can always see your destination ahead, but just when you are close you have to turn because there is another one-way street.

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The simple way is to change the BHO folder to another name like oldBHO and BAM Explorer is back...and this thread also shows other ways...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\110.0.1614.65\ (the last set of numbers will probably be different)

Then change BHO to oldBHO or something else and Explorer will open

Looks Like Internet Explorer Died Today

Or this way:

Trouble with new DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY -missing part of menu
This worked perfectly to get Internet Explorer back, and it only took a few seconds. Instead of changing the name of the BHO folder, I simply emptied the contents into the trash and restarted. Still can't draw the area inside the motion detection window though. I know the problem is not just on this computer, as I was able to bring back IE on both my PC's, and I can't draw on either. Anyway, thanks again for the quick fix to get IE back!

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
A SPECIAL THANKS to @wittaj & @Wildcat_1 for their answers & recommendations! Grabbed myself a Lenovo Tiny M920x ThinkCentre w/Intel Core i5-8500, 8GB RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD w/Windows 11 Pro for $235 off eBay. All cameras running smoothly including new Dahua IPC-Color4K-T180 Black turret! BI processor occupancy averaging 18% with PC running cool & quiet.

Now, I’ll have to do more research on how I can customize video settings to minimize motion blur (when capturing people’s faces) with the T180. Currently running “Self-Adaptive” mode with everything on default settings. Just wished I could have kept my Mini-PTZ up. Would have been a great combo, BUT “Happy Wife! Happy Life!” as they say!

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to All!!!
Enjoy !

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For anyone on the fence and debating whether to get a IPC-Color 4K-X or a IPC-Color 4K-180 I made this quick comparison video (4K). At the street intersection of my house I have had someone crash through my fence and have also had a car-thief ditch a car in front of my house, so I decided to install an overview camera. First I tried a Color 4K-X. It worked great at night, with the only illumination being a single street light, and when the Color 4K-T180 came out, I wondered if it would be an improvement with a wider field of view but (probably) with less success in low light. Anyway, here is the short comparison on two very dark nights. Both cameras work great, but I think I like the 180 degree camera more for this application.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
For anyone on the fence and debating whether to get a IPC-Color 4K-X or a IPC-Color 4K-180 I made this quick comparison video (4K). At the street intersection of my house I have had someone crash through my fence and have also had a car-thief ditch a car in front of my house, so I decided to install an overview camera. First I tried a Color 4K-X. It worked great at night, with the only illumination being a single street light, and when the Color 4K-T180 came out, I wondered if it would be an improvement with a wider field of view but (probably) with less success in low light. Anyway, here is the short comparison on two very dark nights. Both cameras work great, but I think I like the 180 degree camera more for this application.
Glad you're enjoying it @tmxv4128

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Glad you're enjoying it @tmxv4128
I also own both IPC-Color 4K-X and IPC-Color 4K-180 and like both cameras. But I prefer 4k-X a little more because still not used to the narrow view of 4K-180. It's a great camera if you want one as a spotter camera to watch the whole block with one camera though.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I also own both IPC-Color 4K-X and IPC-Color 4K-180 and like both cameras. But I prefer 4k-X a little more because still not used to the narrow view of 4K-180. It's a great camera if you want one as a spotter camera to watch the whole block with one camera though.
Yes both cameras are really good. The A180 is phenomenal as a 'Spotter' for your PTZ's so if people have those in the mix (hope you do) then consider throwing the A180 in there to assist. Great combo

Reaction score
I set up a bunch of these.
1. IVS, SMD only work in the middle of the camera. I have tried all kinds of settings with intrusion boxes and trip wires. I had N85DL6Z cameras before and IVS,SMD work anywhere in the FOV. But this cam, day or night, I only get alerts of the person is in the middle of the camera FOV. I can't find any settings to fix this serious issue.
2. Night time IVS,SMD is useless even when I adjust shutter priority and contrast. Only if i turn on the illuminator, which I can't do in every spot, does it detect sometimes and only in the middle (stitch area) of the camera FOV.

If there some setting to get it to detect IVS,SMD outside of the very middle of the camera? TY for any help.

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I set up a bunch of these.
1. IVS, SMD only work in the middle of the camera. I have tried all kinds of settings with intrusion boxes and trip wires. I had N85DL6Z cameras before and IVS,SMD work anywhere in the FOV. But this cam, day or night, I only get alerts of the person is in the middle of the camera FOV. I can't find any settings to fix this serious issue.
2. Night time IVS,SMD is useless even when I adjust shutter priority and contrast. Only if i turn on the illuminator, which I can't do in every spot, does it detect sometimes and only in the middle (stitch area) of the camera FOV.

If there some setting to get it to detect IVS,SMD outside of the very middle of the camera? TY for any help.
I have had the same exact experience with the cameras only detecting people and vehicles in the middle, stitched area. This happens day and night. Thought I was the only one who experienced this. I too have tried trip wires and intrusion areas with varying sensitivity settings. Never could get SMD to work with this camera at all. Hope there is an available solution for this problem. They are great cameras for viewing wide angles, but without being able to detect and send notifications, they become kind of worthless for the application. Guess I’ll be going back to the 4K-X until this is solved.

Reaction score
I have had the same exact experience with the cameras only detecting people and vehicles in the middle, stitched area. This happens day and night. Thought I was the only one who experienced this. I too have tried trip wires and intrusion areas with varying sensitivity settings. Never could get SMD to work with this camera at all. Hope there is an available solution for this problem. They are great cameras for viewing wide angles, but without being able to detect and send notifications, they become kind of worthless for the application. Guess I’ll be going back to the 4K-X until this is solved.

Good to know I'm not crazy. I have tried a myriad of settings to try to get IVS or SMD or both same time to work. It only triggers in the very, very middle of the camera FOV. I have cameras pointing down, cameras pointing out....splicing distance and iframe interval don't seem to help at all with the detection outside of the middle FOV. Bitrate and FPS no effect i can find so far either.
Upside is the camera FOV is nice, and color at night is nice even when illuminator off. So I like the pictures and 180 view quite a bit. But this AI detection issue is pretty severe. Hopefully a firmware fixes it. I need to find a way to report it.

Is Blue Iris a possibility here if I set up a server, does Blue Iris do IVS type detection outside of the camera if you have a beefy enough server?

Last edited:

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good to know I'm not crazy. I have tried a myriad of settings to try to get IVS or SMD or both same time to work. It only triggers in the very, very middle of the camera FOV. I have cameras pointing down, cameras pointing out....splicing distance and iframe interval don't seem to help at all with the detection outside of the middle FOV. Bitrate and FPS no effect i can find so far either.
Upside is the camera FOV is nice, and color at night is nice even when illuminator off. So I like the pictures and 180 view quite a bit. But this AI detection issue is pretty severe. Hopefully a firmware fixes it. I need to find a way to report it.

Is Blue Iris a possibility here if I set up a server, does Blue Iris do IVS type detection outside of the camera if you have a beefy enough server?
Question for you... You mentioned that you can get SMD to work in the middle of the camera. Are you able to draw in the area of motion detection? I have tried everything, but I can't get it to work. Since IVS seems to be useless, I wanted to see if "motion" is an option for this camera.

motion-detection-area.jpg

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Question for you... You mentioned that you can get SMD to work in the middle of the camera. Are you able to draw in the area of motion detection? I have tried everything, but I can't get it to work. Since IVS seems to be useless, I wanted to see if "motion" is an option for this camera.

View attachment 166719
I only use IVS Tripwire on my IPC-Color 4K-180 camera before and working good during the day time. ( Night time not so much but that's because it's through a 2 layer glass window. I haven't install it outside yet.) And just test with motion detection and also no problem with IE.

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I only use IVS Tripwire on my IPC-Color 4K-180 camera before and working good during the day time. ( Night time not so much but that's because it's through a 2 layer glass window. I haven't install it outside yet.) And just test with motion detection and also no problem with IE.
Thanks for the info. I'll keep trying. The strange thing is that I cannot get the motion detection area to display on two different PCs (desktop and laptop) with both using Windows 10 and running Internet Explorer. Shows up fine using Google Chrome on a Mac, but the settings don't transfer to the PCs.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll keep trying. The strange thing is that I cannot get the motion detection area to display on two different PCs (desktop and laptop) with both using Windows 10 and running Internet Explorer. Shows up fine using Google Chrome on a Mac, but the settings don't transfer to the PCs.
I'm also using Windows 10 Pro with IE. This is the firmware version I'm using right now.

7-1-2023.jpg

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm also using Windows 10 Pro with IE. This is the firmware version I'm using right now.

View attachment 166726
That's interesting. I purchased my camera a couple weeks ago, and it came installed with: 3.120.0000000.19.R Build Date: 2023-03-01
Hmmm, I wonder if it is a firmware glitch that is causing the problems. Besides trying Internet Explorer, I also just now downloaded Pale Moon, and the same problems when using that browser.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's interesting. I purchased my camera a couple weeks ago, and it came installed with: 3.120.0000000.19.R Build Date: 2023-03-01
Hmmm, I wonder if it is a firmware glitch that is causing the problems. Besides trying Internet Explorer, I also just now downloaded Pale Moon, and the same problems when using that browser.
I am a big fan of a couple of resets when I first get a camera. Seems to help with bugs, and especially this version of GUI with BI for some reason.

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am a big fan of a couple of resets when I first get a camera. Seems to help with bugs, and especially this version of GUI with BI for some reason.
Yes, I think that is good advice. I'll do that tomorrow when it is easy for me to take the camera down. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reaction score
This page seems to have the most recent software under the download->firmware area. There are other Dahua product pages but they had old firmware. This was the only one with the most recent. This is what my cameras came with when they arrived 12 days ago or so. _V3.120.0000000.21.R.230418

Another tip is I could only get all the camera web page views to work in a browser, with cam video visible, in Windows 11 to work if I used Microsoft Edge but turned on 'Internet Explorer' mode. Chrome, Firefox, Opera all don't work for me in Windows 11, cam video is not visible. MS Edge also does not work unless you do the following for IE Mode.
Go to Microsft Edge, click the '...' elipse top right, Settings->Default Browser> Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode (IE mode) set to Allow.
Then on a web page, click the '...' elipse top right and select 'Reload in internet explorer mode'. Then the camera pages all showed the actual video

Last edited: