Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks @wittaj... I'm trying to get the hang of this compared to my 5442s. How about the audio settings, any setting changes from default there in your experience? Also, I turned the Sharpness to zero, it just looked more natural to me.
The audio setting that has worked best for me is AAC encoding at 64000 sampling rate. Also, I leave the noise filter "off" and made a foam windscreen to place over the mic on the camera. I took some old microphone windscreens, cut them up and attached them to all of my cameras with Command strips.

audio.jpg

kosminis

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua states 512G micro sd card support and empiretech 256G. Did anyone tried 512G on IPC-Color4K-T?

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua states 512G micro sd card support and empiretech 256G. Did anyone tried 512G on IPC-Color4K-T?
Yeah, I'm a little bit confused with the information with SD card size support of the camera as well. I remember IPC-Color4K-X support max 256GB, and IPC-Color4K-T support max 512GB when it first came out. But now it seems to be both only support max 256GB SD card.

If you look back on Wildcat's first post on this thread it stated:

"SD Card Storage - Supports up to 512 GB vs 256 GB on 5849T1 / Color4K-X"

kosminis

n3wb
Reaction score
Do we have any people who actually use 512GB cards in IPC-Color4K-T ? interesting that`s wonky about it. Would stick to 256Gb, but in 4K would prefer bigger.

Last edited:

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, who's ready for not only a review BUT another World's First Review ?
You heard it here first, new camera in hands and almost ready to review. Thanks as always goes to Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) for providing this camera in exchange for a fair, honest, non biased, no holds barred review. I’ve already reported some initial feedback and FW requests for bugs/omissions and should have a new FW version this week from Dahua to start the testing.

Just over 1 year since I reviewed the original bullet cam version of this camera (3.6mm HERE), we now have the first 2.8mm Turret version here to test. This one is straight off the final pre-production lines at Dahua before release. Not even a spec sheet for this yet. I’ll be updating this post with more of the initial details when I have it and will be doing my usual rundown comparison this time against the Bullet Cam Variant in 2.8mm. Lets see how this 4K full color turret holds up to some of the great PQ and light handling we’ve seen of its bigger brother.

Equally exciting about this camera is that its the first non PTZ, non 7xxx series to feature the new Web GUI 5.0 with some very cool features. This Web GUI will become the standard for new Dahua cams this year and is great to see here.

To give everyone a quick glimpse, initial coming soon video below

More coming soon, stay tuned !

Post 2 - Pics & Videos, Post 3 - Special Features / Functions / Tips & Tricks, Post 4 - Bug List (new), Post 5 - Wrap Up

Link to Camera

UPDATE 8/2/22
- I now have some of the specs and a beta FW. Details below and a video coming soon I’ll show you the comparison in size of this turret and how its specs compare against the 549T1 / Color4K-X bullet cam version

Onto the specs

This is part of the Dahua Wizmind range and in this case not only gets IVS object filtering (Human and/or Vehicle) as well as Face Detection, People Counting, Smart Object Detection. Please note this camera also includes SMD.
The turret version also follows it’s brother bullet cam version in featuring a built in Microphone

Camera Details - 2.8mm Turret

Image Sensor - 1/1.2” 8MP​
Effective Pixels - 3840(H) x 2160(V), 8 Megapixels​
Electronic Shutter Speed - 1/3s~1/100,000s​
Minimum Illumination
Color: 0.0005 Lux @F1.0 (Remember this is full time color)​
Illuminator Distance - 60m (196.85 ft) IR​
Illuminators - 2 Warm LED’s​

Max Bitrate - ** Currently limited to 8192K in pre-release, have requested Dahua to implement options up to 20K to match the 5849T1 / Color4K-X bullet cam version​
Lens Information
Focal Length - 2.8mm​
Max. Aperture - F1.0​
Field of View
H: 102°​
V: 53°​
D: 125°​
Close Focus Distance - ** Specs say 13.8ft but in my testing this is closer to 18 - 20ft​
DORI Distance
Detect - 95.6m (313.65ft)​
Observe - 38.2m (125.33ft)​
Recognize - 19.1m (62.66ft)​
Identify - 9.6m (31.50ft)​
SD Card Storage - Supports up to 512 GB vs 256 GB on 5849T1 / Color4K-X​
Links To Andy's Amazon & Ali Express Pages Should You Wish To Purchase
Amazon
AliExpress
Realizing that getting one in 2.8 isn't going to be a good upgrade from my 5231, at my front entry. With a close focus at 14 feet, nobody at my door will be in focus. The 5231 distance is .3 meters. Guess its going somewhere else lol. Got 2 from Andy

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Realizing that getting one in 2.8 isn't going to be a good upgrade from my 5231, at my front entry. With a close focus at 14 feet, nobody at my door will be in focus. The 5231 distance is .3 meters. Guess its going somewhere else lol. Got 2 from Andy
If you want a full color option try the EmpireTech IPC-T549M-ALED-S2. This is what I have at my front door. It is not 4k but has a Min. Illumination of 0.0005 Lux@F1.0 (Color, 30IRE) like the EmpireTech IPC-Color4K-T.

1714958911914.jpeg

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you want a full color option try the EmpireTech IPC-T549M-ALED-S2. This is what I have at my front door. It is not 4k but has a Min. Illumination of 0.0005 Lux@F1.0 (Color, 30IRE) like the EmpireTech IPC-Color4K-T.

View attachment 194072
Thank you. I see this has a close focus min of 5.2 feet. That may work well. Probably going to do some more searching because the 1 / 1.2 sensor is incredible on the 5849 so far. What a huge difference from the 5231.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could always pop the camera open and manually adjust the focus to the distance you need.

jitesh_88

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, i just bought this camera and had it installed today. i noticed the led lights are always on. is there any setting for it? also which app do you use to view this camera other than Blue_Iris. i am trying to integrate this with my Synology DS920 surveillance station. i have done the initial integration, but the motion detection is triggering on any car or human passing by. i am trying to setup so that it can only trigger when there is motion within a given area. how do i setup the AI on this camera?

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey guys, i just bought this camera and had it installed today. i noticed the led lights are always on. is there any setting for it? also which app do you use to view this camera other than Blue_Iris. i am trying to integrate this with my Synology DS920 surveillance station. i have done the initial integration, but the motion detection is triggering on any car or human passing by. i am trying to setup so that it can only trigger when there is motion within a given area. how do i setup the AI on this camera?

IVS.jpg

jitesh_88

n3wb
Reaction score

View attachment 194151
what is the difference between Intrusion, Fast Moving, Parking Detection? i tried Intrusion and it asks me to draw the graphics but i cannot get it to finish drawing. Also, how do i turn off the LED to work only on motion detection?

how is this Event config different to what you are suggesting?

1715071587754.png1715071602725.png

rag992

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you from India? If so, where did you get this camera also what's the price? TIA.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what is the difference between Intrusion, Fast Moving, Parking Detection? i tried Intrusion and it asks me to draw the graphics but i cannot get it to finish drawing. Also, how do i turn off the LED to work only on motion detection?

how is this Event config different to what you are suggesting?

View attachment 194152View attachment 194153
What browser are you using.

This camera is designed for quality image so the LED is either on or off - it is not motion activated as that could cause the camera to get temporarily blinded and then miss the good capture of a perp.

jitesh_88

n3wb
Reaction score
What browser are you using.

This camera is designed for quality image so the LED is either on or off - it is not motion activated as that could cause the camera to get temporarily blinded and then miss the good capture of a perp.
i am using chrome, should that matter though?
i feel the LED is attracting unwanted attention towards the camera at night from passerby as it seems too bright and always ON.