Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
thank you @EMPIRETECANDY and @CanCuba
I do know that video. and no, it didn't solve the problems.
I'm also not that new.... I do use the cam's GUI and prefer it.
I just didn't find there the face detection (now I realized it's because I use the smart plan for IVS)
that's probably why the NVR grayed out the option of face enhancement. not sure why it enabled me the face detection by camera....

anyway, it's not about sensitivity. I do see the each time all tripwires are red triggered but there is no alert.
I also don't understand why the preview thumbnail of the event is clearly shown on my color4K-x cams but the new turret miss the event and showing an empty preview.

thanks for trying anyway.
appreciated

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
anyway, it's not about sensitivity. I do see the each time all tripwires are red triggered but there is no alert.
I also don't understand why the preview thumbnail of the event is clearly shown on my color4K-x cams but the new turret miss the event and showing an empty preview.
It looks like a problem for @Wildcat_1
From what I got so far, people did have a problem with IVS alerts but @Wildcat didn't find them.
How I also have a clue why:
From what I've gathered by now, the tripwire rules are working fine and if I set three tripwires to my gate, all three of them would be red triggered correctly.
Also, the alarm bell icon at the top of the new GUI would always count all three alerts in case the cam page was on during the tripwire event.
HOWEVER, id does not end in here...
I used no SD memory card in the cam so I cannot see past events but in my case, both NVR AND the DMSS app would miss the event and would not trigger three alarms.
Sometimes, like today, I get NO alarm at all from that camera. other times, I get either one or two alerts while THREE tripwires are shown red blinking during the tripwire event.

It's easy to blame the Dahua AI NVR but all other cams (5442 and color 4k-X cams) works fine.
In fact, another color4K-X cam is pointing to the same spot with two tripwires and it would normally not miss any tripwire event.
If someone enters the front gate I can trust the 4k-X to alert me while the 4k-T randomly alerts me. Even though, each time was checking I could see all three tripwires triggered the person correct.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
2. IVS problems:
very odd.... at the begging, I couldn't get the IVS to work at all. I was setting 3 tripwires and none of them triggered alarm.
(all those tripwires are set to the same spot with different angle)
the 5442 T cam that used to be posted there hardly ever missed one of the two wires.
I was surprised that I saw in the NVR that the three tripwires were triggered yet I didn't get any alarm/capture/event on my NVR nor phone app
How many cams have You connected to NVR? What version NVR?

In the -EI NVR models there are some strange limits on how many cameras the NVR can receive events from.
4xxx-EI can receive events only from 8 cameras, 5xxx-EI can receive events only from 16 cameras.
We talk about event done/run on camera. Separate limits are for AI functions done on NVR.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How many cams have You connected to NVR? What version NVR?

In the -EI NVR models there are some strange limits on how many cameras the NVR can receive events from.
4xxx-EI can receive events only from 8 cameras, 5xxx-EI can receive events only from 16 cameras.
We talk about event done/run on camera. Separate limits are for AI functions done on NVR.
OK..... First, thanks for trying and thank you for the time @steve1225

It's not EI NVR. In fact, I do not know EI NVR.
That AI NVR as 16 ports but only 8 of them are currently in use.
While it's true that some features have trade off, it's always that way with Dahua. Also the Smart-Plan of the cameras is there to let you CHOOSE between supported features.
BUT it's not the case.... the build in features of the cameras are all supported as it takes no resources from the NVR. In some cases, you can choose to use face detection by the camera OR do it for less camera using the NVR.

But all of that is totally irrelevant here:
I was REPLACING an older 5442 cam with the color4K-X cam and they both had same smart-plan and same IVS rules.
It's not like I was adding an extra camera PLUS used the NVR's processor to do the IVS rule.

The problem is simple: the camera triggers the IVS event correct but randomly do I get alerts in the DMSS app and NVR.
You could blame the NVR again but it cannot explain how come the 5442-T can that was mounted there had same IVS settings and worked perfect.
Today I kept not receiving phone alerts from any of the three tripwires (that are set off together) and half an hour ago, I passed the gate and got three alerts from the three tripwire for the very first time.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK..... First, thanks for trying and thank you for the time @steve1225

It's not EI NVR. In fact, I do not know EI NVR.
That AI NVR as 16 ports but only 8 of them are currently in use.
On some markets -EI NVR are called -AI NVR...
Please give exact product id of NVR.

But all of that is totally irrelevant here:
I was REPLACING an older 5442 cam with the color4K-X cam and they both had same smart-plan and same IVS rules.
It's not like I was adding an extra camera PLUS used the NVR's processor to do the IVS rule.
it is.. if it is 4xxx-AI, then you have limit to receive AI events from 8 cams even in 16 Channel models.. this is in spec:

Zrzut ekranu 2024-01-25 o 19.05.08.png

Dahua NVR firmware have a lot of bugs.. if you removed 8'th cam with configured AI IVS, sometimes firmware don't decrease usage counters, which are used to limit functionality.
And then if you added another cam, You didn't fit a limit and functionality was limited..

Solution: default NVR to factory settings.. configure and add cams one more time..
You can try to add and configure this problematic cam as first one..
If it will work, it will be NVR limits thing... if not, then this is something different..

You could blame the NVR again but it cannot explain how come the 5442-T can that was mounted there had same IVS settings and worked perfect.
Because 5442 fitted inside NVR limits. Another cam don't..

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Andy, when will this S2 version of IPC-Color4K-T kobebeef mention above be ready for sale from your store? I'm sure lots of guys in the forum will like to get their hands on one to try out. Any approximate date for it?
The official data is wrong.
The S2 has only 1GB of RAM, not 2GB.
S2 and S1 RAM are compatible.
Only ROM upgrade from 128MB to 256MB.
1706759859325.png

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On some markets -EI NVR are called -AI NVR...
Please give exact product id of NVR.

it is.. if it is 4xxx-AI, then you have limit to receive AI events from 8 cams even in 16 Channel models.. this is in spec:

View attachment 184119

Dahua NVR firmware have a lot of bugs.. if you removed 8'th cam with configured AI IVS, sometimes firmware don't decrease usage counters, which are used to limit functionality.
And then if you added another cam, You didn't fit a limit and functionality was limited..

Solution: default NVR to factory settings.. configure and add cams one more time..
You can try to add and configure this problematic cam as first one..
If it will work, it will be NVR limits thing... if not, then this is something different..

Because 5442 fitted inside NVR limits. Another cam don't..

Thank you @steve1225 , a nice theory but it's not the case.
First of all, my NVR is not 4xxx AI . It is 5xxx - 5216-16P-I
Second thing, I did bother to do X2 times factory reset just to be sure.
unfortunately the results are the same.
SO NO, IT'S NOT THE CASE.

I must admit did develop such a theory my self over a year ago when I upgraded two of my 5442 cams to color4k-X.
My theory was that it had to do with using an extra NVR port for testing before disconnecting a camera.
As if the NVR is waiting for the camera that you cannot delete now, to be reconnected.

The three tripwires I was setting for the color4K-T are always triggered and with 0 false alarms. even better than any camera I've seen so far.
However, not all IVS triggers yields alerts on either phone app or NVR. normally one alert but it's always between 0-3 alerts (I think that only once did I get all three alerts).
If @Wildcat_1 have an explanation or anyone else have a solution, I've be happy to hear or try.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
My best suggestion is probably one you can't do but anyway. If you have a 2nd NVR lying around anywhere, plug one of the offending cameras into it and see if it works proerply when set up. The issue could lie with the NVR and the ONIV processing as someone mentioned above.

A test withoiut having having another NVR might be to unplug all your working cameras from the NVR, set it up again and then plug the non working cameras in 1st. If these start working, it's an NVR issue. You could further test that by trying to plug the other 4 back in and seeing if you replicate the issue you have now. Again this might help rule out the cameras vs NVR. It could however, mess up your current setup although from the sounds of it a complete NVR reset might be needed anyway irrespective of whether you remove cameras off it simply to confirm it's not an NVR software glitch / settings issue.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think it has to do with a dwell time between trips. If you have 3 tripwires in close proximity to each other and walk through them at a quick pace, all 3 will likely flash red, but you’ll only get an alert in the first.

If you were to stop/hesitate between trips, and allow for that dwell time, you’ll get an alert for each trip.

I’m not sure if there is a setting for that on IVS? On old fashioned MD it’s the anti-dither setting.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you @CCTVCam
I do not have an extra NVR naturally. As I mentioned before, I did do factory reset and started everything (in the NVR) again.
Even twice.
The new color4K-T have a different GUI and FW and I do guess like you that it could be a glitch in the communication/bug in the protocol between that the camera uses to send the events to the NVR.
It looks as though sometimes the NVR would receive the message on time and other times it just misses.
That would explain just why out of three tripwires that are crossing the same sport that I cross simultaneously I would normally get a single alert (though I do get 0/1/2/3 alerts of the three tripwires).

I was asking it here in case someone had that problem too. Since my NVR is not too popular, I'd be surprised if someone would bother fixing it (in case it's a communication bug in the NVR that is).

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@bigredfish
I somehow missed your reply but YES, exactly what I was thinking.....
it explain why single alert is the most popular. i.e when the NVR is busy dealing with the first alert it had not buffer to deal with the next one.
I was just thinking about the same thing and wanted to space the wires....

with all that been said, I do have another cam (color4k-X) pointing to the same sport from a different direction and I do not miss it's alerts.
I also had a 5442 cam that the color4k-T replaces and it didn't miss alerts. so it still got to do with the colot4K-T.

I'd use some space between the wires and let you guys know after testing for a while....
Thank you

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First of all, my NVR is not 4xxx AI . It is 5xxx - 5216-16P-I
Second thing, I did bother to do X2 times factory reset just to be sure.
unfortunately the results are the same.
So it looks more like IPC problem... or compatibility problem between NVR and IPC.

As I checked You NVR have rather modern firmware: DH_NVR5XXX-I_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.3.R.221122
It should support Web 5.0 cams..

One idea: You have AI recorder.. so it can do AI detections on NVR..
enter AI -> parameters -> AI on NVR (web or HDMI).. select chanel for this problematic cam and change type to AI by NVR (not AI by camera). if there is something missing in IVR setup on NVR, setup/correct this on NVR (not cam) one more time..

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So it looks more like IPC problem... or compatibility problem between NVR and IPC.

As I checked You NVR have rather modern firmware: DH_NVR5XXX-I_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.3.R.221122
It should support Web 5.0 cams..

One idea: You have AI recorder.. so it can do AI detections on NVR..
enter AI -> parameters -> AI on NVR (web or HDMI).. select chanel for this problematic cam and change type to AI by NVR (not AI by camera). if there is something missing in IVR setup on NVR, setup/correct this on NVR (not cam) one more time..
WOW....
This time @steve1225 it was a BINGO in every single sentence of yours.
Not only you confirmed every single guess I've had, also your solution worked.
THANK YOU

_

so.... I did reset both NVR and camera. I promised to update about spacing the tripwire - so since I did it I stopped getting any alerts I couldn't find a way to go back and get even a single alert.
The factory default to the camera was done today and still the camera sent no alerts with the new tripwires.

I too suspected the communication between the cam and NVR. Cause while he camera GUI shows I never miss alert and all tripwires react to human, none of them ends with alert on the NVR or phone app.
I was asking myself how come all other cams worked and I kept pointing to the web 5.0 and the new GUI cause the camera itself works fine for other guys.

Actually, I was thinking once about testing using the IVS by NVR once but it wouldn't let me (I was using too many NVR resources already.
This time I was giving up on face detection and face recognition for this cam and let the NVR to the IVS for this cam.

So far I can say it works fine. it's a shame though, cause the new camera was doing the IVS detection better than any other camera I've had so far.

I wonder if @EMPIRETECANDY is aware about the bug and know if Dahua works on a fix.
I can confirm it's a bug and the alert of the camera would not pass to the NVR most times.

Thank you again @steve1225 looks like you got it right.
I'd still need a fix meanwhile it sure is a workaround.