Wish BI has an option to not save copies of sent emails

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It would be so nice if Blue Iris has an option to not save copies of sent items in the Email Servers page. I know this is possible because Outlook has that option. Since I'm sure most people send emails from themselves to themselves, that would prevent duplicate emails taking up space on the email server.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a gmail feature, not bluiris.

Typically mail sent externally via SMTP does not appear in your sent mail folder, but gmail/google apps is an exception to that.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a gmail feature, not bluiris.

Typically mail sent externally via SMTP does not appear in your sent mail folder, but gmail/google apps is an exception to that.
I use Zoho mail, and according to them the only way to not save a copy in the Sent folder is to check the box "Do not save copies of sent items" in Outlook Advanced settings.

This is the setting I'm talking about in Outlook
Untitled.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wishing for it wont help...you need to email support for a specific function...You should be using a dedicated account for the email, so who cares if its also stored in your sent folder...you can likely setup a filter to delete all emails in your sent box with your email address.
Use gmail, you wont have to worry about storage limits.