Wireless alarm i/o

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope. Like this
Shelly 1 Relay Switch, WiFi Smart Home Automation, Compatible with Alexa & Google Home, iOS Android App, No Hub Required, Wireless Light Switch, DIY Remote Control Garage Door, UL Certified
Yep, just like my 2 that worked as they were configured as in my post #4.
I think they're still set up as they were in Oct. '22 when I first tried the wireless siren to help another IPCT member. I'll dig them out, make sure they're working and see what f/w version it is, etc. and report back.
I can't do it now but hope to do so in a few hours, maybe by noon CDT today, 5/25/24.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope. Like this
Shelly 1 Relay Switch, WiFi Smart Home Automation, Compatible with Alexa & Google Home, iOS Android App, No Hub Required, Wireless Light Switch, DIY Remote Control Garage Door, UL Certified
OK, I hooked the 2 up, checked to see if they were still configured to operate as a push-button switch to wirelessly operate a remote siren (I'm using a 12VDC automotive LED marker lamp), they were still configured as such and it works fine.

At the bottom is an image of my f/w.

If you have not already done so, I suggest you double check ALL entries as mentioned in my instructions, paying close attention to syntax, etc. if no errors found and it still won't work I suggest you log into each Shelly, perform a hard reset and re-configure again.

I am hesitant to install the latest f/w as you have in case it renders mine inoperative as well.

shelly1UL_firmware_052524.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah ,I dont blame you for that! I am currently working with Shelly to figure out what the issue is. I'll report back once we have it solved

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Dmchan1 ,
FWIW, when I saw the Shelly 1 Gen1 UL-version selling for $11 on amazon today, I ordered 2 for future use. I'm afraid they are going by the wayside in favor of the Shelly 1 Mini Gen3, which operates ONLY on 110-240VAC. I like using 12VDC and there are times when you do NOT want line voltage inside of a device! Hopefully the Shelly Plus 1 will continue to be available as it also allows low voltage DC operation like the Shelly 1 Gen1.

That said, when the two Shelly 1 Gen 1's arrive next week I will configure to operate as a set, one receiving a push button input and the other one closing a relay output to light a 12VDC lamp or activate a siren wireless and far from the button, on the same Wi-Fi.

If it works OK and there is a f/w update I will then update them and see if they still work. I will advise you of my findings