Winnipeg business owner says overflowing bin that led to overcharge staged by garbage company

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like we now need cameras watch the garbage cans ..

Winnipeg business owner says overflowing bin that led to overcharge staged by garbage company

Apr 10, 2024 #GlobalNews
A Winnipeg business owner is fuming after being overcharged by a private garbage operation for something he says he didn’t do. Brad Wallin, president of Wallin Industries, a local metal fabrication business, told 680 CJOB’s 'The Start' that a recent bill for garbage pickup from Waste Management of Canada Corporation was a whopping six times higher than usual.

The company issued Wallin Industries an additional overage charge for what the company said was an overflowing bin, but Wallin alleged it was deliberately staged by the Waste Management employee — and Wallin said he has video evidence. Global News has obtained the security footage, which Wallin said shows the Waste Management driver altering the appearance of the bin for photo “proof” that it was overfilled.

“It shows the driver pulling up, he gets out of the truck, he unlocks the bin, he reaches into the dumpster, starts pulling out a little bit of cardboard, hangs it over the edges,” Wallin said.

Wallin said he contacted the company to complain, but was given the runaround until finally hearing from an executive at Waste Management’s Toronto headquarters. “In my eyes, it’s just not acceptable," Wallin said.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm..... I wonder if the driver was offered a bonus or if he threatened with being fired to have him stage that? Pretty sure it wasn't his idea.
Either way, he and/or WM is dishonest and should be fined.

I'm no angel but I could not work for a company that steals and that is EXACTLY what they were doing.....and y'all know what's coming next.....
I detest thieves. :angry: