Windows automatic update

Don Schultz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased a Lenovo desktop running windows 10 so I can run Blue Iris with about 18 cameras. It all works great! I can't believe how hard it is to stop the darn machine from doing an automatic restart after a Windows 10 update, thus shutting down BI. I have done a lot of research and there are 3 or 4 ways to disable this feature but try as I might I have been unsuccessful and my machine still does the automatic restart. One would think that there would be a SIMPLE way to stop this from happening. I welcome any and all advice.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased a Lenovo desktop running windows 10 so I can run Blue Iris with about 18 cameras. It all works great! I can't believe how hard it is to stop the darn machine from doing an automatic restart after a Windows 10 update, thus shutting down BI. I have done a lot of research and there are 3 or 4 ways to disable this feature but try as I might I have been unsuccessful and my machine still does the automatic restart. One would think that there would be a SIMPLE way to stop this from happening. I welcome any and all advice.
There are several threads discussing how to disable updates, more importantly, you should have blue iris restart at startup anyway in the event of a power outage etc..

Don Schultz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are several threads discussing how to disable updates, more importantly, you should have blue iris restart at startup anyway in the event of a power outage etc..
I did some teaching of the treads before I posted but apparently I did not work hard enough to track it down. I would love to do as you suggest and I suspect there is a way to disable the windows log in requirement that is now required after a restart. I will look into that as well.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did some teaching of the treads before I posted but apparently I did not work hard enough to track it down. I would love to do as you suggest and I suspect there is a way to disable the windows log in requirement that is now required after a restart. I will look into that as well.
Google is your friend: Windows 10 auto updates keep bugging you? Here's how to stop them.
Set BI to run as a service, see the help file. It will then start when the computer startsup.
Turn off Auto updates in Blue Iris as well.

vcwannabe

n3wb
Reaction score
Enter netplwiz in the search box of Windows. Uncheck the box that says users need to enter a password. I am pretty sure that is it, I am on my mac at the moment so I can't double-check.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
auto-start features and more here: