Will PTZ autotrack work with IVS by NVR?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a SD592305U-HNI and the PTZ autotrack is less than desirable. I am wondering if I can enable autotrack on the camera itself and setup IVS via "AI by NVR" on the NVR5208-8P-EI as the NVR has people and vehicle detection built in unlike the camera?

Last edited:

camdensnyder

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you using spotter cams that trigger the PTZ camera? This seems to be the suggested way to do it as the PTZ may not see objects all the time if it’s pointed in the wrong direction. And if the PTZ has IVS rules on the camera itself, it is recommended to use the camera not the NVR.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean?

“PTZ autotrack is less than desirable”

Is it not tracking or not triggering to track?
Tracking and the IVS rules to make it trigger to enable it to track should be done on the camera.

Show us your IVS settings on the camera (ptz)

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys.

What I mean by less than desirable is the cameras IVS triggers the autotrack but then its like the autotrack gives up and ends up zoomed in on my feet or something and stops until idle motion is triggered for it to head home.

As far as I can tell the IVS via "AI by NVR" does not trigger the autotrack on the camera like the IVS via the camera does ( at least not for me).

I am going to do a factory reset of the PTZ when I get home as I have ugraded the firmware and it may have some overlapped settings.

If this doesnt work I may try and setup PTZ Linkage in the IVS from the overview cams as
camdensnyder suggested.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I wouldnt have thought so, thanks for confirming.

Triggering and tracking are two separate functions, Sounds like its triggering, but tracking sucks. As @looney2ns mentions, this is an older model and tracking sucks! You arent gonna fix it by triggering it from another device, it may still trigger but that wont effect how it tracks which is internal to the camera FW

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can't you simply disable the autotrack in that camera?
This is what I ended up doing.

I just set the IVS Human detection from the AI on the NVR to trigger the PTZ presets using the overview cameras.
Still testing but I think this should work much better anyway.