Will HiLook cameras put green smart event indicators onto my time line?

Esso Oil

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for reading this post.

Anyone who uses a Hikvision NVR and genuine Hikvision cameras will understand how important and useful the green smart event motion detection markers are that appear along the timeline. These motion indicators allow you to review an hours worth of video in just a few minutes and can help pinpoint incidents very quickly.

I have heard this "smart event" feature is proprietary to genuine Hikvision cameras. I have a few other cameras on my system and whilst they do motion detection to a fashion and can also do smart events notifying me via the Hik-Connect mobile App, none of them put the green event indicators onto the timeline on the NVR which is a huge miss.

Q1: Does anyone know if the the slightly cheaper HiLook cameras that are manufactured by Hikvision have the smart event feature that will put the green event indicators on to the timeline? I understand these are the lower-end "consumer" version of Hikvision cameras which have fewer features. The info for HiLook cameras say they only do motion detection and do not have the more advanced features such as face recognition or number plate recognition etc. but I only need the motion detection feature but it must put the green event markers onto the timeline.

Q2: Just out of curiosity, has anybody managed to (or heard of a way) to get non Hikvision cameras to put these green smart event indicators onto the timeline?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and would really appreciate any replies.