Will audio work in this scenerio?

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, would sound be able to go through a dahua cam(with mic),through blue iris, through display port(1.2 i think)to displayport/hmdi adapter, through hdmi adapter to cat5, back to hdmi adapter to tv? Just ordered an hp elite desk, and these display ports, and hdmi adapters are new to me. I have found all items say they "will" pass on sound. But will blue iris do so in this setup/scenerio? And if so, will it do so on both ports since it has 2?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the audio from a camera is embedded into the video stream just like any other h264 video; BlueIris will play it as long as its encoded in a format it recognizes.

as for all the other crap; no idea.. good luck your going to need it.. fyi long HDMI cables are cheaper than HDMI to Ethernet adapters.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
the audio from a camera is embedded into the video stream just like any other h264 video; BlueIris will play it as long as its encoded in a format it recognizes.

as for all the other crap; no idea.. good luck your going to need it.. fyi long HDMI cables are cheaper than HDMI to Ethernet adapters.
2 story houses suck nayr. The way I'm wiring this, I'd need over 100-125 feet to make it to one room since I'm fishing it through walls and all that fun stuff (FU vaulted ceilings). The other room isn't as far, but will require me to go outside then back in. A connector is gonna make this quite a bit harder, and obviously bigger, less discrete holes.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you could consider a 2nd cheaper NVR or if your a bit tech savvy a Raspbery Pi can do display multiple video streams @ 1080p.

getting hdmi great distances w/out handshake issues can be a bitch, and expensive.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you could consider a 2nd cheaper NVR or if your a bit tech savvy a Raspbery Pi can do display multiple video streams @ 1080p.

getting hdmi great distances w/out handshake issues can be a bitch, and expensive.
I've done commercial wiring, and have a networking/windows backround from 6 years ago, but never dabbled in Linux really... just worry how long it will take me to learn enough to get it up and running. Goal is to have all this installed and running in 2 weeks.